Seat Leon fr relay help

SueFR

Doncaster
Mar 16, 2015
Doncaster
Hi all,

I know there are many posts but I can’t find anything to help me in my manual or online for this..

So basically my horn has stopped working, just out of no where. I have checked the fuse it’s not that, I opened up my relay box under steering wheel and I have no idea which is horn relay? I have attached a photo of my relays
I did try to swap around two of same number but no joy

Next job is to get bumper off and get both horns out to test power. I tried to access through fog light area but the bolts are tight/rusted I can’t get to them properly

Anyhow all help appreciated for this relay situation, I think it’s that as there is no clicking when pressing steering wheel

Attachments

• 7B0F7001-9A3C-4E71-9691-EEE1277DE26A.jpeg
    7B0F7001-9A3C-4E71-9691-EEE1277DE26A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8,345

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I've looked through the official workshop manuals but can't see anything relating to a relay for the horn :(

I know that's not much help, but there is instructions on how to get to the horn.

Deleted member 103408

Just as an aside have you run any scans on the car to see if its reporting any errors.

SueFR

Doncaster
Mar 16, 2015
Doncaster
I've looked through the official workshop manuals but can't see anything relating to a relay for the horn :(

I know that's not much help, but there is instructions on how to get to the horn.

Thanks for replying

I know how to get to the horn, I can see it through fog light when I take out I just can’t get to it properly to get it off i will need to remove bumper to properly access both as it’s one on either side

Thing is manual gives everything on fuse but nothing on relays lol

SueFR

Doncaster
Mar 16, 2015
Doncaster
Just as an aside have you run any scans on the car to see if its reporting any errors.

I don’t have a scan code error thing to check but from all googling and info read it seems to be the relay if there is no clicking and there isn’t, fuse all good, it’s just establishing which one it is haha

If I have no joy it’ll have to be garage or electrical guy out. That’s of course after Iv got horns out and tested power with digi multi reader I need to rule all them things out then it’ll either be faulty wiring or switch which isn’t a job I’m willing to dive into lol

Deleted member 103408

Not sure if this help but in this article he did this

I read on line somewhere that the horn relay was a "type 646" and, as there are two of these in each fuse box I decided to pull them out and try them across a battery to see if they were working. They all clicked when powered up so I assumed they were OK. When we put them back in and tried the horn, the damn thing worked.

Read more: http://carmechanics.proboards.com/thread/5006/seat-leon-horn#ixzz5hoIIoCQl

SueFR

Doncaster
Mar 16, 2015
Doncaster
Not sure if this help but in this article he did this

I read on line somewhere that the horn relay was a "type 646" and, as there are two of these in each fuse box I decided to pull them out and try them across a battery to see if they were working. They all clicked when powered up so I assumed they were OK. When we put them back in and tried the horn, the damn thing worked.

Read more: http://carmechanics.proboards.com/thread/5006/seat-leon-horn#ixzz5hoIIoCQl

Thanks
I don’t have a relay numbered 646 unfortunately, Something like this should be in the bloody manual lol

SueFR

Doncaster
Mar 16, 2015
Doncaster
Well Iv found the relay for the horn is no.449
Changed it and still not working

Will attempt the bumper off and check horns this weekend but after that I’m stuck as it could then only be wiring somewhere
Not sure if it’s an electrician job or garage if all fails

Deleted member 103408

Sorry about that, when you say the fuse is ok, are you sure you have the correct one.

I seem to recall there is one for the Horn and One for the Alarm Horn.

SueFR

Doncaster
Mar 16, 2015
Doncaster
Sorry about that, when you say the fuse is ok, are you sure you have the correct one.

I seem to recall there is one for the Horn and One for the Alarm Horn.

Hi

Yeah in my hand book it says horn is no.17 in my engine fuse compartment

I had it out it wasnt blown but changed it just incase and still no joy

Apr 9, 2022
Hi Sue, did you manage to get to the bottom of this at all? I can't find any info about the relays. Cheers
20220409_153234.jpg

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Over the years I've had more than one similar issue with VW group vehicles and in my case it's always been the horn itself that is faulty. They are generally placed where they get all the crud off the road (the T4 van was the worst with the horn situated in the nearside wheel arch) and they just corrode; firstly the terminals in the connector and then the horn itself. Replacing the horn and preferably moving it to a more sensible position by extending the wiring generally has always been the permanent fix for me.

Feb 17, 2023
Basildon
Hey,

i sorted my issue out in the end with the horn, but i don’t know about the other relays.

you have to rely on google or people who had same issue to be your friend in this case
Hi ,
Can you tell me how did you manage to fix it ?

I've got the same issue on a Leon FR 2007 , removed the horn and tested with a 12v power supply is working , when is on car isn't working .