Rubber mats

Rallynav

Feb 13, 2019
Perth
Hi all. I’m looking to get some rubber mats in my Leon St and wondered what folk have used?
I’m not wanting to get genuine as the car is just a lease but need something better then just the carpet ones!
Cheers.

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
My original were rubber mats which i hate, i changed to very nice carpets with white stitching that are also water proof.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I went for seat oem rubber mats to use over winter. Perfect fit and fronts have the holes for retaining clips.

Far easier to keep clean than the carpet mats over the winter. Will stick the carpet mats back in if summer ever arrives.

Reactions: S4BiT

Ivandobsky

Feb 26, 2019
UK
I have the Seat OEM rubber mats and I think they are pretty good to be honest. They fit perfectly are nice and thick and clip onto the holding notches so don't move about. Ok, not the prettiest but very functional.

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
I've got the oem Seat ones,which are good.

Can't remember what I paid but got them cheaper off ebay rather than a Seat dealer, so not expensive.

Beware of some of the cheap non oem rubber mats out there.They smell of rubber from recycled tyres or whatever...and the smell doesn't go away!

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
OEM ones are very useful, and what they look i think the price cant be that high even from the dealer.

Rallynav

Feb 13, 2019
Perth
So seems the genuine ones are the way to go. We do a lot of outdoor stuff so rubber ones are better for us, especially when it’s comes to keeping the car clean. I’ve looked at the cheaper ones and that was my worry, the smell!

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
I agree with all the others. I have a set of carpet mats for summer months, and bought a set of OEM Seat rubber ones off ebay really cheap. They have been excellent over winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
I bought a full set of Quality rubber mats for my mk3 Leon FR from DriveDen after recommendations from guys on here. They are fantastic quality, always clean up really easy and look like new every time I clean them. Cars smells like Vanilla every time I get in Ha Ha!! as the new mat smell doesn't go away, had them 4 months now!! They also have the correct locating holes for the front mats and feel quite heavy duty. The pattern for the mats is all the same and is on the front of the website. I too swap over to the genuine Seat carpet mats in the summer months and use these in winter, bad weather.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
My oem mats didn't give off a rubber smell for very long once in the car. I unpacked them and left them hanging in the garage for a few days to help ease the smell.

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
Sorry to jump in on this but I’ve got a new set of 4 genuine carpet mats surplus to requirements. £15 plus postage if they are any use. PM me.
Mods please remove if this breaks any rules.
Conal