what did you and your mk3 leon do today

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Spacers could be in the cards. Need to give the wallet a rest or I run the risk of being rumbled by the misses... She thinks I only had a new set of springs fitted ;) my eyes were drawn towards the big brake kits lol

Reactions: Damo H

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
@kiddo welcome to the club I have been running these on my 5 door for a while now and I have to say I am very impressed keeps all the benefit of coilover but without the harsh ride, plus you get to use your 3 dcc settings.

Quick plug for a SCN Meet, If anybody in the doncaster area (or fancys a drive out) check out https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/forum-meet-in-doncaster-28th-april-2019.449612/
Initial impressions on first 50 miles are very positive. Like you say the kw ddcs aren't too harsh and with the added benefit of interoperability with the oem dcc settings it feels very oem. I love the fact there's no longer anyvsquatting of the rear when I plant my right foot in comfort mode. There was a group of young lads at the workshop going stage 2 on a golf gti who were well impressed with my family wagon, saying they though my wagon was now better looking than the hatch variant lol one of the group fell off his chair when I said I was running stage 1 giving approx 370bhp.

Even more looking forward to my trip to the ring in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I've had a set of KW ddc coilovers fitted. Initial impressions are excellent with the wallowey feeling from comfort mode when pushing now gone and less body roll. cupra mode is less harsh but more compliant. I went with 25mm drop and will see how it settles over coming days. It may be coincidence but I noticed less wheelspin in the wet. Normally I'd expect some wheelspin @ wot in 3rd when climbing towards the redline but on way home I couldn't get the wheelspin. Maybe the rain is grippier in Irlam lol
06115c85df522539158ac448d59efa82.jpg
a0e15f77843336796f2f1bc963d1ae68.jpg
Jealous!!! Hmmm do I get these instead of an exhaust and springs...

Deleted member 103408

Drive a car with it fitted (ooh I have it fitted and its been in for a while) but you need to get @kiddo to come along then you get the feel in an ST rather than the 5 door.

However my requirements when I bought this setup was I wanted to be able to lower the car but I did not want to ride on coilovers (eg very uncomfortable) and this kit does the job. The only downside I can see if you want to start doing lots of changes with geometry you will not be able to as this setup is just to give comfort and lower not allow your to carry on developing the setup.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Drive a car with it fitted (ooh I have it fitted and its been in for a while) but you need to get @kiddo to come along then you get the feel in an ST rather than the 5 door.

However my requirements when I bought this setup was I wanted to be able to lower the car but I did not want to ride on coilovers (eg very uncomfortable) and this kit does the job. The only downside I can see if you want to start doing lots of changes with geometry you will not be able to as this setup is just to give comfort and lower not allow your to carry on developing the setup.
Don’t want to lower it too much. Which was why I wanted springs initially with the original setup. Not interested in tweaking the setup. Want to set it up and then done. So was going to get the 034 motorsport top mounts to increase the front camber and just adjust the rear with the current setup. The R ST coming out suggests 2 degrees on the rear is a good setup in the estate. My old mini had an awesome stance with the camber front and rear.

Don’t want it lowered and the rear looking cambered to hell and the front dead straight.

Deleted member 103408

We both agree on setup, thats why you need to see another car to judge if its ok for you vs Springs.

Mine will be to low for you but @kiddo sounds like he has it like you want ti but as we always see you need or if you are happy with the Springs then go for it.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
We both agree on setup, thats why you need to see another car to judge if its ok for you vs Springs.

Mine will be to low for you but @kiddo sounds like he has it like you want ti but as we always see you need or if you are happy with the Springs then go for it.
Pretty sure @paddy6789 s will be too hard/bouncy based on reviews of Golf R owners. They recommend Emmanuel but they're lower still. I think Eibach are highly rated but don't lower enough for them so maybe right up my street. Only thing against the KW DCC setup is cost. Can't find a decent full system for the Carbon. Only one that seems viable is the Remus system but that's £2,500 and not £1,500 better than my last BCS system.

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
I've had a set of KW ddc coilovers fitted. Initial impressions are excellent with the wallowey feeling from comfort mode when pushing now gone and less body roll. cupra mode is less harsh but more compliant. I went with 25mm drop and will see how it settles over coming days. It may be coincidence but I noticed less wheelspin in the wet. Normally I'd expect some wheelspin @ wot in 3rd when climbing towards the redline but on way home I couldn't get the wheelspin. Maybe the rain is grippier in Irlam lol
06115c85df522539158ac448d59efa82.jpg
a0e15f77843336796f2f1bc963d1ae68.jpg
How much did this cost you all in?