ST Cupra 300 Lux Underseat Storage Missing?

Mar 17, 2019
Took delivery of my new Leon ST Cupra 300 4Drive Lux this week (omg they are awesomely mental!) and found there was no underseat storage compartments under either front seats even though the equipment list has them as standard on this model (4th option from the bottom).

The dealership has "helpfully" said they think they don't come with them due to leather heated seats and that Seat can change equipment at will and suggested I speak to Seat Customer Services!

Before I do that can anyone confirm whether they have Underseat Storage on their ST Lux model?

Cheers

Screenshot_20190313-220950.png

JonnyG

Mar 18, 2019
I think it may be possible they have been dropped on newer models, just as they have been on the Golf R latest builds recently.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
On the october 2018 reg Cupra R
YES on the drivers bucket seat
NO on the passengers [as I was advised on here due to BEATS audio amp under it]

Reactions: louiskopite

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I'm led to believe you wouldn't have them as the electric seat gubbins is underneath. This is also the reason the electric seats don't go as low as the manual seats.

Mar 17, 2019
Thanks for your replies guys. Spoke to Seat customer services a couple of days ago and they are investigating it. Had an answer phone msg off them yesterday saying they still looking into it so will update when hear back from them

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Thanks for your replies guys. Spoke to Seat customer services a couple of days ago and they are investigating it. Had an answer phone msg off them yesterday saying they still looking into it so will update when hear back from them
Have you got electric seats?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Yeah Lux has heated leather seats and electric on driver's seat only
The electric seat deletes the storage box, so the passenger side is missing. I'm the opposite I have a beats audio amp under the passenger seat so lost the storage at that side.

Mar 17, 2019
The electric seat deletes the storage box, so the passenger side is missing. I'm the opposite I have a beats audio amp under the passenger seat so lost the storage at that side.

So the price list/equipment brochure is wrong then if that's the case

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
Conversely, on the equipment list you posted it shows the FR Sport doesn't get the under seat storage for passenger, however I have it on both front seats in my MY19 FR Sport (With heated, leather seats) that was built Dec 2018 and registered Jan 2019. Whether they have since dropped this I don't know, but mine was only build a couple months before yours.

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
This is the reply from SEAT Lookers in Stockport:

"As far as I am aware none of the MY19 standard Cupra models have had this (the underseat storage) included on the estates - I have a grey one in the showroom that does not have this either."

So it appears another brochure/configurator error on the ST!

Ben GT

Jan 7, 2015
With the amount of changes happening on an almost weekly basis I’m half expecting a different car to arrive in June

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
Yes I noticed this as well and odd that it isn’t fitted under the passenger seat which isn’t electric although still heated. Prior to getting the car I thought that it would be very useful having the storage under the seat so slightly disappointed by that.
But then again once driving it’s completely forgotten and can’t fault the car

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.