Special Edition CUPRA Ateca on the way...

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
20" wheels, bling and more bling:

Full article

CUPRA-Ateca-Special-Edition.jpg

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
Nice. Be interesting to see how many are made available for UK - presumably not many.

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Interesting!I don’t mind the interior colour change,but am not too fussed with the extra copper colouring on the wheels and tailgate.Like the wheel design though and the exhaust note has been criticised a few times by reviewers,so this will be a nice overall upgrade.Nice to have an extra exterior colour too.
Price will be a problem though,as I can imagine that it will take it into the premium sector,which defeats its attraction.The seats,wheels and exhaust alone are expensive bolt-ons,so it may lose out to the likes of the X3 M140 and Porsche Macan.
I like it though and special editions always sell.

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
SEAT did a sneaky photoshop on the exhausts. If you look at our article they have copper on the inside like the Formentor, but after an hour or so the press photos were replaced minus the copper. Shame, it looked nice.

I noticed that too!I don’t know whether it’s the photos above,but that blue colour on the seats is very pale...and not very nice imo-much preferring that darker blue on the press release.
I remember seeing that exterior colour on one of original press test cars and if it is as above-a bit like Nardo grey,I don’t think it suits the Ateca,or any 4x4.Looks great on the Octavia vrs estate etc.
Would be nice if they offered a more diverse range of colours,but we can’t really complain getting what’s on offer as a no cost option.

Mar 17, 2019
Hopefully they'll sell the Akrapovic exhaust separately, wouldn't mind a slice of that action!

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
I think with the likes of ABT developing their own CA,there will be more scope for modifying.A lot of the Golf R owners are getting Remus exhausts.Something that’s resonated and with valves should give the best of both worlds.Wont be a cheap mod and performance wise,will add nothing-but it will be cheaper than the Akrapovic.
The good thing with the AK is the warranty,but that may never be an issue unless SEAT were to try and blame it for other issues.I’m not aware how good the SEAT dealership networks are regards certain mods.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members