MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
I’ve ordered a Cupra Lux in magnetic grey should be picking it up from dealership on March 28th, just wondering if any of you guys have any pics of the Lux in magnetic grey as I ordered mine without looking at one and still haven’t seen one on the road just the odd pic on here, none in magnetic grey tho. Thanks
There's a picture on the previous page (471)

Mac Ali

Feb 12, 2019
Just picked up my magnetic grey cupra 290 at 5pm today. First impressions are that it is amazing, especially coming from a 184 manual diesel leon
How you getting on with the car? Mine comes on saturday cant wait. Does it sound good? Overall drive good too? Also how is it on fuel?

ScottyP89

How you getting on with the car? Mine comes on saturday cant wait. Does it sound good? Overall drive good too? Also how is it on fuel?
Sound gets better after a thousand miles or so. Drive is really nice, easy to forget it's a Cupra in comfort mode then Cupra mode is a completely different car. As for fuel, I did a 100 mile trip up to the NEC on Saturday and got just over 38mpg mostly in comfort on the M1 with a few spurts in Cupra mode, however my commute varies between 15mpg and 30mpg so far depending how heavy my foot is.

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
Got email today saying my car has been built and on it's way to the port, how long does it usually take to get to the dealer?

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
The eagle has landed

lASSxh6.jpg

AC7OGBC.jpg

hufu2uG.jpg

Ben GT

Jan 7, 2015
Got a call today, my car which was due end of March has been delayed at the factory until the third week of June.

Apparently they are making many of the same phone calls today...

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
Got a call today, my car which was due end of March has been delayed at the factory until the third week of June.

Apparently they are making many of the same phone calls today...
Sorry to hear that!! Mine was delayed by a few weeks too, thankfully it got built last week and is on it's way to the dealer! I think the factory has been overwhelmed with orders!

Feb 4, 2019
Ordered mine through a Local dealer in early February and just been given build week of 22nd of April,

Not ideal as current lease finishes this month so have had to extend that for longer as 2 months without a car isn't great

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Looks awesome! How you finding the car!
Love it. To be honest I was beginning to think hmm...why have I ordered one...I did already have one but I owned it.

Now I've driven it I'm so glad, DSG is amazing, it just feels much better than my old one.

The red looks really good as well with the sunroof. Just wish it wasn't :censored:ng down so I could see it in the sun!

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
Car has just arrived. Poor bloke delivering it had to catch a number of buses and a few trains back to York so I dropped him off at the train station on the way back to work.

The car looks awesome. Don't actually get to drive it till I'm back from work later but it sounds a hundred times better than the 280 from the outside, a nice burble. Bit disappointed about the pigeon **** all over it and the 5 miles I have left in the tank! But I'm glad it's all here, feels like a lifetime since January!

What's everyone's thoughts on running in. I've seen various different approaches. Anyone shed any light on the best?

But here's a few photos, can't wait to finish work and have a play!

7874624becd845739164b58965b11067.jpg
b0645663cd28405cd2688772e23372c0.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
Ordered mine through a Local dealer in early February and just been given build week of 22nd of April,

Not ideal as current lease finishes this month so have had to extend that for longer as 2 months without a car isn't great
Who’s the current lease with? If it’s VWFS they can give informal contract extensions which is what I did

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Car has just arrived. Poor bloke delivering it had to catch a number of buses and a few trains back to York so I dropped him off at the train station on the way back to work.

The car looks awesome. Don't actually get to drive it till I'm back from work later but it sounds a hundred times better than the 280 from the outside, a nice burble. Bit disappointed about the pigeon **** all over it and the 5 miles I have left in the tank! But I'm glad it's all here, feels like a lifetime since January!

What's everyone's thoughts on running in. I've seen various different approaches. Anyone shed any light on the best?

I've used this guide to run it in: http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
But it needs super low milage to work properly, not sure that's an option for you.
Worked good enough for me, but since everything is brand new time will tell.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Lance Uppercut

Jul 3, 2014
Loving all the pics of new deliveries, not seen a bad colour in the car yet. Would've gone for Mystery Blue if my current FR wasn't the same, looking forward to seeing the grey in person.

Mine is supposedly on the boat/at the port, dealer says he'll know 24 hours before it gets to him, so will update me then. The wait is killing me

Mac Ali

Feb 12, 2019

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Looks bloody luvly..can't wait till mine arrives this Saturday. I heard some people not hitting the throttle to hard till over 1000miles but not 100% sure. I'm new to the game to so I will keep an eye out for a repy from someone who's had this car for abit. Maybe you could advise me one you go through this process too! Enjoy!!!

Rob5113

Feb 7, 2019
Who’s the current lease with? If it’s VWFS they can give informal contract extensions which is what I did

I may end up eating my words but the contract on my Octavia VRS ended in February and my Cupra arrives this Friday. So far VWFS haven’t said a word about me still having the car and haven’t asked for any money for the additional month. BCA should be inspecting and collecting the Skoda this Friday (but I won’t hold my breath as they are morons) so we’ll see what happens then but so far I’ve had a months free motoring (fingers crossed).

kevlar

Oct 23, 2018
So BCA collected my Ateca this morning - good start to the day really nice guy commented its mint! - so that all went really well bye bye boring Ateca.

Had call from delivery guy Cupra is on route, Long story short could'nt change my insurance online so checked the gov website to check if its actually been registered it had...oh hang on...its grey....uhhhh ok i see whats happened.

I rang gateway and there was a slight panic, 30 mins later it arrived and its grey...delivery guy was really nice he had a good laugh and straight away he got on the phone to the dealer....apparently its happened a few times to him and even being given the wrong car by the dealer to deliver.

2 hours later poor guy was sat in his truck, we had a good chat put the world to rights made him a few drinks eventually gateway rang me very apologetic...and offered me some compensation if i kept the car, so accepted the generous offer so mangnetic grey sat on the driveway not mystery blue, im not really bothered as my first choice was grey, but didnt want to make it easy for them!

Fun n games eh...

Reactions: ScottyP89 and bgb

Rob5113

Feb 7, 2019
So BCA collected my Ateca this morning - good start to the day really nice guy commented its mint! - so that all went really well bye bye boring Ateca.

Had call from delivery guy Cupra is on route, Long story short could'nt change my insurance online so checked the gov website to check if its actually been registered it had...oh hang on...its grey....uhhhh ok i see whats happened.

I rang gateway and there was a slight panic, 30 mins later it arrived and its grey...delivery guy was really nice he had a good laugh and straight away he got on the phone to the dealer....apparently its happened a few times to him and even being given the wrong car by the dealer to deliver.

2 hours later poor guy was sat in his truck, we had a good chat put the world to rights made him a few drinks eventually gateway rang me very apologetic...and offered me some compensation if i kept the car, so accepted the generous offer so mangnetic grey sat on the driveway not mystery blue, im not really bothered as my first choice was grey, but didnt want to make it easy for them!

Fun n games eh...

Haha, sounds like you've had a result despite not getting the colour that you chose ! Just out of curiosity what kind of compensation did they offer you as I may be in the same position when mine arrives this week without the Winter Pack that I was promised ?