Sunroof Option On 2012 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech, UK-Spec.

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
Hey guys!

My apologies for asking what may seem pretty obvious to some, and may have been covered already.

I’ve just purchased a 2012 Exeo ST Sport Tech. It has no sunroof. I just wondered if a sunroof was an option on UK-spec models? I have seen sunroofs in Spain, and Continental Europe, but not in the UK.

I am looking to do a retro-fit regardless, I just wondered. I have a complete solar sunroof in my garage, which I intend to use. I miss this, I had it on my D2 S8, and D3 A4 Quattro Sport.

Thanks in advance.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
As per the B7 A4, you could have an electric tilt/slide or you could have the solar tilt & slide. Both options were quite expensive, normal one was £680 I think and the solar one was close to £1000.

My first Exeo didn't have a sunroof and I hated it, my next Exeo HAD to have one. It was 6 months before I found one, and I went to the auctions to get it before someone else snapped it up!

Retrofitting is very difficult hence why it's not offered at dealerships anymore. The roof supports are a headache for a start. That said, everyone told me that retrofitting Bose was impossible and not worth it but I've done it and I love it.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I have a uk spec 2012 st 170 and yip it has a sunroof, and every other possible extra,...i feel very lucky

You're very lucky, when you want to sell it drop me a PM ;)

My '09 SE Lux has most of the options available at the time, but sadly not all of them. The remaining ones can be retrofitted but they're extremely expensive.

Reactions: the stripler

Tucker Hauser

Oct 29, 2016
wot does the solar panel in the sunroof actually power? my exeo is full spec bar the tow bar

thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
wot does the solar panel in the sunroof actually power? my exeo is full spec bar the tow bar

thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The solar sunroof activates the interior fan so it blows air around the car while you're not in it. Mine only has the normal sunroof, I guess you have to set the temperature before you leave the car.

Reactions: Tucker Hauser

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Nollywood, I've just discovered your thread on Audi-Sport. Fair play ladd, your Exeo will be a beast when it's all done! Can you clear some things up for me please? On your Audi-Sport thread you mention a black 2012 car that was up for sale quite cheap. Did you end up returning the car as it came back up for sale with the same pictures. Secondly, the red Exeo you mention on here, do you still have it? I swear I saw it on salvage auctions recently. Thirdly, is it definately Dakota Red? I swear the colour changed to Montsant Red in 2012, correct me if I'm wrong! Mine is Dakota Red and I've modded it to basically look like yours.

There's a solar sunroof on eBay for £140 or best offer, after I've moved house I'm tempted to get it and see if the retrofit can be done. According to the wiring diagram it only has 2 wires, but I'm not sure if the climate panel is different or if it works with our existing panels.

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
Hi Tom!

I ended up not going through with the deal with the black car, issues with the seller, rather than the car. Some details omitted, which I found out later on.

The red car I still have. There was one on Copart recently, similar to mine, but different car. Registration started with SK 62. Mine is WV 62.

I’ve got a feeling mine is Emocion Red. Dakota appears to be more maroon / metallic.

I saw the solar roof panel on eBay. But given the amount of change my car will go through, I am considering retrofitting a B8 panoramic set-up. It will require a roof skin too, just as much as going with a regular B6 / B7 sunroof will.

Decisions, decisions!

Siena.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
That black car was cheap and didn't sell, there must've been reasons.

I remember your reg specifically, if it's not been in a crash I probably saw it on BCA or Manheim. I saw that SK62 car on Copart, in fact it was a bad week for 2012 Exeo Sport Techs! If I had the space I would've bought the one with the knackered engine and 52k on the clock, bought a donor B7 3.0 TDI Quattro or S4 and had some fun! It ended up going for £1250 plus fees, not bad at all!

Mine is definitely Dakota Red, the paint code is LS3Z. It's like Irn Bru orange on a bright sunny day, maroon when it's raining and dark pink any other time. Montsant is slightly darker. I'm not sure what month your car was made, but in the September 2012 brochure (attached) Dakota Red didn't exist.

B8 panoramic roof sounds like way too much work, I think you're mad for putting a sunroof in a non sunroof car but a B7 sunroof is much easier to fit. I guess the B8 roof is wider and full width glass?

Attachments

• seat_exeo_brochure_MY13.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 363

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
Yes, there were 10 Seat Exeo’s on Copart that week.

The B8 is full width glass for sure.

It does sound mad, putting a sunroof in a non-sunroof car, but with the amount of work I’ll be putting into this car, a roof re-skin is the least of the hard work! [B)]

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.