New discs and pads?

Feb 6, 2019
Can anyone recommend a good set of new brakes?

I've got a stock 13 plate saloon with 18" wheels.

I think I have Pagid discs and pads at the moment - is there anything out there that isn't silly money that is a good upgrade?
Hopefully just to swap out, without making other changes (callipers etc)

Jay1601

Feb 23, 2018
Get Audi S4 brakes, straight swap

Makes a big difference over standard size discs, the 345mm discs full nice behind 18”

Reactions: petertr
Feb 6, 2019
Get Audi S4 brakes, straight swap
Makes a big difference over standard size discs, the 345mm discs full nice behind 18”
I don't really fancy all the effort of swapping the entire braking system for it though, and from what I saw, its quite expensive!

Jay1601

Feb 23, 2018
2 bolts and bleed easy 20 min job :p

What is your current disc size, depending what you got could just get bigger disc and carriers

Or get a good pad/disc combo

I’m currently using BlackDiamond discs with ferrodo racing ds2500 not the cheapest but nice difference over OEM stuff

Feb 6, 2019
2 bolts and bleed easy 20 min job :p
What is your current disc size, depending what you got could just get bigger disc and carriers
Or get a good pad/disc combo
I’m currently using BlackDiamond discs with ferrodo racing ds2500 not the cheapest but nice difference over OEM stuff

I'm completely stock - I think they are the original discs - I had the wheels off today (rotating, as I want to increase the tyre size soon), and they looked like the original OEM discs.
Got Pagid pads on though.

I'd pay a small premium over a decent "standard" replacement set of discs and pads - the discs have seen better days, next time it needs pads, its definitely getting new discs too.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I'd heard that to, so fitted Pagid front discs and pads to the wife's petrol light (ish) Ibiza, they work fine and grab less but she's just warped the 3rd set of discs in 9 months doing her 12 miles daily commute, she's a careful driver who doesn't use the brakes hard. Beforehand the car was on standard OE for 9 years without problems.

I also fitted Pagid pads to the front of my TDi Leon, from cold I now tend to sale out of junctions especially if damp and they grab, it didn't on OE pads.

Since this I now know someone with them fitted to a RS500 who has also since removed them and gone back to APC.

On the other hand, my local tech fits Pagid to all (but since the above not to VAG's) customers cars without problems, many of which are BMW's..

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've got pagid pads and will likely go pagid again next time. Discs if you want something funky, get the vagbremtechnic j hooks.

7tRb8nR.jpg

JR_130

Mar 24, 2009
i recently needed new front pads, and at 130k miles i decided to change the discs too
I've got coated 312mm Brembo discs off Carparts4less (72/pair) at a good bit cheaper than eurocarparts (even though they are the same company)
coated on the edges and around the hub to prevent rust.
i also went with Mintex pads, had them on before and no problems in roughly 80k miles.

Reactions: petertr

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
I would go with B6 Audi A4 3.0 front discs, pads and calipers. 312mm discs.

And rears from the same Audi.

I could supply and fit the lot for £545.