Good independent garage in Newcastle upon Tyne

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I took mine to my local seat dealer to have a problem looked at and sorted, they took the car round the back whilst I sat and waited for an hour, When i got the car back I was told it was sorted. I asked for the paper work and turns out 'they do things differently now' which I knew was a lie, anyway after arguing for so long and speaking to managers in high places I found out my car was took round the back and sat for an hour, not one thing done to it, I was lied to completely and have no trust in them at all now. (SG Petch, Durham).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

To be fair, that was also my exprience when I went for quick/simple warranty work...no paperwork nothing. Mine was blocked washer jets, so they took it round the back...30 mins later, it was done, and washers working again, no paperwork, nothing to sign, and off I went..However I had good experience with mine (but was there mostly to fix rattles on my previous Leon). My new Volvo V40 on the other hand, when I booked it in for warranty work, there had a courtesy car already booked ready for me...

Keyzer Soze

Sep 18, 2016
Newcastle upon Tyne
Update, as my front brake pads were down to the metal and the discs were pretty worn too, took it in to CS Motor Engineering again. Happy with the service, they replaced them using Pagid parts. I had a chat with the mechanic, he's a former Audi dealer mechanic. Originally said up to £180, came in at £163 inc vat. He dropped me off at a local Costa and by the time I'd had a cuppa and watched a bit of Suicide Squad on my phone, he was back to pick me up. No more grinding metal and I'm happy.

cuprawill290

Jun 28, 2018
Northumberland
Well Service due so went to CS this morning, dropped the car off then had a stroll around the Rising sun country park( quite nice place). Coffee in ASDA picked up a couple of bottles of wine and back for the car. Took about an hour and a half for service and inspection, maybe less as it was ready when i got there. Had a bit crack with one of them and he knows his stuff. should of been £140 but i got 10% NHS discount can't complain and would recommend.
Hardly ever see Cupras about but about 5 mins after dropping it off i see a near identical one to mine a 16 reg black 3dr lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members