Legojon's sensible & economical totally stock 1.6 Leon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Just a bumper and a light happy days

Well. I don't want to build up any kind of hope. But... Just spoke to insurance and the engineers report is classing it as "repairable". So just need them to authorise the quote now.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That was quick lol only a few weeks and a bit of wind to sort them out...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Spoke too soon. Insurance tried to write it off over a scuff on the alloy wheel. After going off like a cheap firework, they have now authorised the bumping repatriating ceremony. To commence on Monday.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Just picked up SL2 after 2 weeks in the bodyshop. I know it's an old car. But it's almost reduced me to tears! After 6 weeks trying to get this sorted, this is what a passing retired guide dog found:

ggeKNtM.jpg

XUs8eYG.jpg

UG629s1.jpg

rUbpdZF.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Oh... open to comments... I'm phoning the insurance Monday (not open now till then) to instruct them not to pay the invoice. What are my rights in taking it to a different bodyshop now?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Your rights in my eyes include going to do this damage on their cars... That's shocking! What did they actually do? Looks like it was better with no bumper.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Imagine this (but blind obviously). On the bright side. I've already posted 2 reviews (which the owner has seen). And that's while I was really busy. Wait till I'm bored.
3x6Ag5e.jpg

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
You may have to take it back to them and say your not happy with the work they have done but speak to your insurance first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Well my plan is this. Tonight lime flavoured rum and mini eggs (a sharing bag to myself - then cry myself to sleep cause I'm fat).

Tomorrow morning I'll be waiting at the body shop when they open.

Just taken the rear number plates lights out. I feel that the wires actually touching something might help.

Trouble is. They are "claiming" the bumper Seat sent them doesn't fit right. Whereas I think they've tried to fob me off with some aftermarket copy.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So, just spoke to the workshop manager. He's "embarrassed" by the state of the car. They are going to scrap that bumper and order me a brand new one. And as a gesture of good will, paint the passenger rear quarter (previous owner "had a go") and refurb all 4 wheels foc.

Reactions: Yellow fr

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So, just spoke to the workshop manager. He's "embarrassed" by the state of the car. They are going to scrap that bumper and order me a brand new one. And as a gesture of good will, paint the passenger rear quarter (previous owner "had a go") and refurb all 4 wheels foc.
It's an outcome but still shouldn't of left the building like that

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire

That’s good off them you must be well pleased with his reply just hope it’s all good for when you pick it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
That’s good off them you must be well pleased with his reply just hope it’s all good for when you pick it up

Did wonder if it was taking the p!ss if he'd do the 4 doors, bonnet and roof as well. LOL.

Reactions: Yellow fr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
SL2s now back in the body shop. By the time it comes out it will have had:
3 new rear bumpers.
New number plate lights and reflectors.
Both quarter panels repainted.
Both rear doors repainted.
Wheels refurbished.
2 new brake lights.

Anyone want to run into the front end of me next?

In the meantime. I'm cruising for honies in this beast:
RwfIrLN.jpg

Reactions: Jimbobcook
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.