Good car mats??

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Andy, if its a facelift mk2 armrest can I have first dibs on it please?

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk
It is the genuine armrest that fits all mk2's.
Didn't really know what the best way to sell it was. Where are you based?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
I did the same with my Zafira, took the mats out, they lay in the garage and eventually the rubber perished and had to bin them. So this time I recouped some money on Astra ones and that went towards the new ones. Is your current motor the facelift mk2?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi sorry for late reply.. Yes current car is a face-lift se copa.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

zamzia

Gixer 750 K8
Dec 6, 2010
Newmarket
Got mine from here officialcarmats.co.uk Massive selection and perfect fit

Just checking these out and they have four options when I click the Seat Leon 2005-2009 Premium; Luxury; Super Luxury and Rubber. Unfortunately there appears to be no description for what each of these means (I can guess what 'rubber' means!), so I have emailed them and asked.

zamzia

Gixer 750 K8
Dec 6, 2010
Newmarket
Got a response:

Premium is a 600g/m2 looped pile carpet with granular backing (made from recycled tyres)

Luxury is a 900g/m2 tufted (like a toothbrush) carpet, easy to clean and longer lasting than the Premium grade.

Super Luxury is the bees knees, a 1300g/m2 deep pile tufted carpet that makes you want to kick off your shoes.

zamzia

Gixer 750 K8
Dec 6, 2010
Newmarket
When I bought my car, second hand, from the dealship all them years ago, it didn't have mats but they chucked them in and they had to install the clips into the carpet and made a right f-ing mess. I'll let you know what these turn up with.

zamzia

Gixer 750 K8
Dec 6, 2010
Newmarket
These turned up on Friday and include the screw in carpet fixtures. Unfortunately they don't fit very well at all and I've message the seller. They are messaging the manufacturer...

I got a full refund and was told to keep the mats, which aren't of much use as the fit is rubbish. I'll try the ones I was going to try originally.

zamzia

Gixer 750 K8
Dec 6, 2010
Newmarket
Just checking these out and they have four options when I click the Seat Leon 2005-2009 Premium; Luxury; Super Luxury and Rubber. Unfortunately there appears to be no description for what each of these means (I can guess what 'rubber' means!), so I have emailed them and asked.

So I bought these last month and opted for the Super Luxury ones hoping that they would last longer. Sending them back already as the reinforced heal section is too far back from the pedals so my heal, both left and right feet, sits on the 'thinner' parts of the mat. They've already collapsed and are starting to wear through FFS! Why is it so fecking hard to get some decent mats at a reasonable price.

I've checked my original ones, as all but the drivers one were in good shape and they are Velpic ones. There's a website that stocks them, but only for LHD models... :(

ElWaltoGringo

Redneck in England
Hey guys, I have an 06 reg 2.0 TFSI that doesn't have the lugs in the carpet. All the mats seem tailored, but the driver's side slips around a bit. Is there any way I can install lugs in the floor? Then maybe I'll look at upgrading the mats.

elnigel

Nov 25, 2002
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Visit site
You can buy the fixing points from seat or on eBay.

Also I think there are 2 quality levels of mats available from seat. The genuine ones I bought are really nice quality. But the ones I took out that were genuine were nothing like these.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hi Folks.
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have any recommendations on supplier for decent mk2 FL car mats?
Most of the eBay links are dead, so just looking for an updated source.
Thanks!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.