MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

TomScrut

Mar 14, 2019
Just to add, the reason why DM Keith Leeds comes into play is that a chap called Richard Porritt seems to be the one who processes all the orders that come in via the various leasing companies. He works out of the Leeds Skoda dealership.

Yeah that's the guy. So he is the fleet bloke I wondered if all registrations were done centrally or something.

TomScrut

Mar 14, 2019
Actually did anyone get their lux with the driving assistance pack or whatever it's called (sign rec, lane assist and auto dip beam)? I thought it should have been about £480 (which the current price list indicates) but Leasing Options/DM Keith priced it at £635 so I didn't bother. I argued the toss but they said they were right when I was pretty certain they were wrong as lux has ACC so it should have been cheapest option. £480 was touch and go as to whether I could be bothered with it but £635 was a no go.

kevlar

Oct 23, 2018
So after taking delivery monday i have now actually driven the car...its been a busy week! - upon starting it last night i had the airbag - error light on, so this morning had a look and it was actually de activated on the glove box - so ive switched it back on, air bag error still on - I know a dealer can reset it, but is there anything I can try over the weekend? i know its not a biggie, but annoying all the same!

When I get a new car I always try and get it fully detailed before taking it out, but as i said busy week so just managed to get the inside cleaned up and all protected, race glaze alcantara cleaner, gyeon vinly cleaner, gyeon protect on the plastics etc then G techniq I1 on the carpets and seats...stinks, but really good stuff.

Then onto the wheels, really annoying sticker left in the osr barrel good job i noticed it as it was top of the wheel! cleaned with gyeon bathe, gyeon iron, gyeon tar, washed off then gyeon prep and topped with some gyeon rim and a layer of cure on top 24 hours after - with gyeon rim you cant drive for 24 hours so hence no driving friday during the day - managed to work from home - job done.

Ive booked next thurs and friday off to tackle the body work..look forward to that...not!.

First drive in it last night so took it very careful and actual put it in comfort mode (i doubt any of you are aware of this setting:whistle:)and yes it is quite comfy, even my little girl says she likes the car now which is a bonus! - so comfort mode yes comfy, but pulling away etc is errrrr not the nicest so this morning I had to get petrol so off to esso for some supreme sadly no shell for miles and well i couldnt resist put it in cupra on the way back....yeh what a difference that makes sadly also affected my mpg some what - even though I wasnt and i dont drive fast im a bit of an old lady driving im the first to admit it.

Driving home i noticed a very nice abarth 500 right up my backside just as i entered a roundabout, oh joy thats something I had not experienced for a while...iditots who think you drive a quick car so must want to race...im 46, have a 4 year old in the car and a boot full of shoppping...dropped it to comfort and drove like a granny the last 2 miles home...:rock:

MifSal

Feb 7, 2019
just thought id let you guys know.. I had the cupra delivered to me last week on the 12th mystery blue non lux. Already on 800 miles absolutely love the car, comfort mode is really good for cruising along and cupra mode turns the car into a different animal. Couldnt resist taking it easy for the first thousand miles which is recommended but hey ho . Just to mention the car will sound really quite at the beginning but after a few hundred miles already the exhaust is getting louder, nice grunt and also dsg farts.

picture of her after the first wash ♥️

Attachments

• C0B7B425-2D88-43BE-938E-BBDE91CAC1E2.jpeg
    C0B7B425-2D88-43BE-938E-BBDE91CAC1E2.jpeg
    468.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 4AAFBF1C-953A-42B0-A140-53F99CD35517.jpeg
    4AAFBF1C-953A-42B0-A140-53F99CD35517.jpeg
    898.9 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019
Just signed up but been here a while. Took delivery of my Cupra ST this week. Ordered on 17th Dec through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts. The ‘due’ date changed lots of times throughout, but ended with about a week or so delay from original date.

First impressions, brilliant car! I was expecting a big drop in interior quality from wife’s Q3 S Line, but I am pleasantly surprised. Fuel economy, depends how you drive it. Sensibly I’m hitting 30-35mpg, driving properly I’m down at 20mpg.

For £1600 down and £265 a month, it’s spot on!

Attachments

• EDA6F080-4577-4001-828B-9842B255027A.jpeg
    EDA6F080-4577-4001-828B-9842B255027A.jpeg
    997.4 KB · Views: 142

Aparoon

Apr 5, 2014
Similar to the above post really, but i've just collected my cupra 290 today. Brilliant car . Haven't had a fast hatch since my ed30 and i'm really into this. No idea on mpg, picked it up from warrington and drove it home in cupra mode. Its silly fast, I wanted to by one outright to map it etc but can't see a need for that at all so far. I asked if it needed running in and they said no.

Ive been told it gets louder as the exhaust matures but it sounds fine anyway, quite noisy inside from the fake sound maker but a good noise. Looking forward to getting up for work to drive it some more.

Considering a dog bone insert as it sounds beneficial from what i've read, and possibly some dsg paddle extenders.

For info I leased direct from seat, 300 down 300 a month. I was about to lease from natiowide vehicle lease but their deal was no better, and seat waved their admin fee of 180

Cheers. Chris

Reactions: Ebygum

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
Similar to the above post really, but i've just collected my cupra 290 today. Brilliant car . Haven't had a fast hatch since my ed30 and i'm really into this. No idea on mpg, picked it up from warrington and drove it home in cupra mode. Its silly fast, I wanted to by one outright to map it etc but can't see a need for that at all so far. I asked if it needed running in and they said no.

Ive been told it gets louder as the exhaust matures but it sounds fine anyway, quite noisy inside from the fake sound maker but a good noise. Looking forward to getting up for work to drive it some more.

Considering a dog bone insert as it sounds beneficial from what i've read, and possibly some dsg paddle extenders.

For info I leased direct from seat, 300 down 300 a month. I was about to lease from natiowide vehicle lease but their deal was no better, and seat waved their admin fee of 180

Cheers. Chris
What’s the mileage out of interest per year and over how many years

Colblue290

Feb 3, 2019

Cheers. Chris

Also went direct with Seat for roughly the same price worked out same price as a Fr that's why I went with a Cupra

MifSal

Feb 7, 2019
Just out of interest has anyone leased there cupra? ive got mine on 2 year lease incl maintenance and insurance for 350£ a month with 1k deposit. 10k miles per year absolutely cracking deal???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bgb

TomScrut

Mar 14, 2019
Hi guys,

I've been told my mag grey Lux 5dr should also arrive this coming Tuesday. Ordered through leasing options late January. Fingers crossed it's not delayed again!

So does that make 4 all the same meant to be arriving tomorrow?

Jackosborne_

Dec 11, 2018
Delivery day! Just waiting on confirmation of delivery time (had requested an AM but this couldn't be guaranteed) Mag Grey Cupra Ez, will get some pics loaded up sometime today, cannot wait!

Reactions: bgb

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
Just out of interest has anyone leased there cupra? ive got mine on 2 year lease incl maintenance and insurance for 350£ a month with 1k deposit. 10k miles per year absolutely cracking deal???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. Who is your lease with please?

JD7ALI

Jan 19, 2019
So does that make 4 all the same meant to be arriving tomorrow?
I really hope so, feels like a lifetime ago since I ordered it. Not driven in over 2 months now either after having broken my leg, just can't wait to get back on the road!

TomScrut

Mar 14, 2019
I really hope so, feels like a lifetime ago since I ordered it. Not driven in over 2 months now either after having broken my leg, just can't wait to get back on the road!

Let's hope they get on them quickly! My current car is being inspected on Friday so I really hope I can get the Leon this week so the Audi can be parked ready for collection. Could have done with it today so I can do 600 miles without excess charge but hey ho!

Ebygum

Jan 9, 2019
Where abouts in the country do you live @JD7ALI? Also, has your leasing company confirmed who the dealer is? I live in Sheffield and as we've deducted there are 3 turning up at DM Keith York but I've seen in other threads that JCT600 Bradford serve our area as well. If it is being processed by DM Keith, I would love to be there tomorrow when 4 absolute identical cars come off that car transporter.