Gas bonnet strut kit for the mk3

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Mine cost £35 [$45] plus £15 [$20] carriage.
So it seems this guy isn't as reliable as my delivery which seemed to be without any hitches... It's a shame as no other kits come like this from what I can see for £38 delivered...

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
So it seems this guy isn't as reliable as my delivery which seemed to be without any hitches... It's a shame as no other kits come like this from what I can see for £38 delivered...

At the end of the day @Jimbobcook I know you were getting nothing out of this and only trying to do people on the forum a favour as a group buy for a very good price.If your getting to many negative reply’s my friend then I think you should just back away from it all and let the peeps order there own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
So it seems this fell through. What's the current opinion on the best way to go about this, find parts seperately to DIY, or go with the guy through eBay so you get the added protection?

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So it seems this fell through. What's the current opinion on the best way to go about this, find parts seperately to DIY, or go with the guy through eBay so you get the added protection?
Afternoon, it didn't fall through I'm waiting for him to sort out his website with ssl so your info is secure before I post about it. Let me chase it up.

Reactions: admac21

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
Afternoon, it didn't fall through I'm waiting for him to sort out his website with ssl so your info is secure before I post about it. Let me chase it up.

Ah cool, sorry I just thought the negative experiences of others put you off taking this further. Good to hear it's still on though. :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ah cool, sorry I just thought the negative experiences of others put you off taking this further. Good to hear it's still on though. :)
I had a good experience with them so I can only go off that, it's up to you fine people to decide if you want to go for it or not lol

Jakal

Apr 14, 2018
Very easy to install, to be honest with a hot cuppa it took about 10mins that's including a couple of photos too.
17f943bb53d4ecb3fc951b73fb2c69e2.jpg

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk
9e0880b0ebffea1dcff15be320992c8a.jpg

Hi, did you buy the parts separetly or is it a kit?

Brighton Mike

Mar 26, 2016
Brighton
Hi all,

Had this mod bookmarked to do some time back but it was all a bit daunting - until last weekend when I fitted boot struts for remote opening and was mightily impressed. So I trawled through post after post trying to suss it all out.

I Looked at various auction site options but on checking costs it seemed that the Russian supplier made more sense as on the whole good comments and better pricing. So, using the information from members on here, I found his Russian website and with the help of a web translator placed an order. I also added my foreign currency card to my PayPal account to get the best currency rate and avoid any currency conversion charge.

The upshot is that I've paid £77.75 for two sets (for two cars) delivered. I then had a message asking if I was part of an owners club to which I replied yes and to my surprise was offered a discount refunded to my PayPal account. Its a bit of an odd amount as its in Rubles and my new total when its confirmed is...£75 appx. Weird I know but I'll take it.

I also had a conversation with him by e-mail and he said he had tried to set up a club discount for use on his other website but this was declined as it wasn't secure enough. However he was working on fixing it. I was under the impression it was for a Seat club somewhere in Mainland Europe.

It was only on revisiting this thread and going to page one for the first time that the penny dropped. It dawned on me that's exactly what has been discussed here. Duh! How did I miss that lot?

So thank you Jimbobcook for all of your hard work and also to everyone who has chipped in on this topic, I couldn't have done it without you.

I hope the above is useful for someone currently thinking about it. I could make this post clearer but I don't want to break any forum rules by naming websites, trade names etc.

I'll update when I get the sets delivered.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
@Jakal...It come as a kit from a Russian guy from eBay. It was £45 all in but it may of gone up since then.
Currently £55.40 for the kit from the eBay store delivered... I'm hoping for £39 delivered

Ok so I just got this from the guy on Instagram for this Russian company and this is it in English and explained a little lol

PLEASE NOTE - I/FORUM AM/IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY GO WRONG THROUGH PURCHASING USING ANY OPTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAKE THIS CHOICE YOURSELF AND IS NO WAY ASSOCIATED TO THE FORUM IN ANYWAY. I HAVE PREVIOUSLY ORDERED FROM THIS SELLER WITH NO ISSUES.

You have the following options

The MK2 and MK3 Leon kit should cost around £39 delivered (currency conversion dependent), delivery can be up to 2 weeks to the UK.

Option 1 - You can order from his website which is NOT secure (no https) but you pay with PayPal which is secure so it's only the information you give on the website that is not encrypted. I do not condone this option as I wouldn't do it myself so I won't post the website address (you can google them if you wish).

Option 2 - You contact him direct through email or Instagram (see below for contact info) and explain you're from this forum and you may want to mention the forum Instagram account that I contacted him through (seatcupradotnet) then give him the code seatclub to which he sends you a PayPal invoice for the amount including shipping (should be £39 ish) then you pay and he sends it out, this method is secure as it's all done through PayPal apart from the email to contact him.

Option 3
- You wait for his website to get SSL (https) so it's secure to order from his website (I will keep and eye on it)

Contact information -

His email is [email protected] and his name is Andrey if you want to use option 2.

The Instagram account is pneumatic_auto and you can contact through there if you wish.

Sample email to send him would be (if you want a sample that is lol)

Hi Andrey,

I am part of the SEATCupra.net forum and you recently spoke with one of our moderators through Instagram (seatcupradotnet), I would like to order a gas bonnet kit for a MK(insert here) Leon, I have been told it should be £39 with postage included using the code seatclub.

Could you confirm this for me so you can invoice my PayPal address which will follow after conformation.

Many thanks

Name

So now the choice is yours lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I bought directly from his website. Emailed him a couple of times and found him really friendly. The kit seems really well put together and good quality. I paid by paypal for security and it autologs me in so I don't have to type any sensitive information through his website. Think they took a couple of weeks to arrive.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Scottrick

Oct 1, 2018
Northern Ireland
Thanks for that jimbob, just sent him an email so hopefully get myself sorted soon. Been wanting these for a while, thanks alot for the work you've put in, appreciate it.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for that jimbob, just sent him an email so hopefully get myself sorted soon. Been wanting these for a while, thanks alot for the work you've put in, appreciate it.
No problem, it's nice to have a deal going.

Let me know how you get on or get any issues and i'll have a word with him over Instagram.

Cheers

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Double checked and all working fine for me, secured when filling out my details and onto Paypal link, I'm using Google Chrome.
chrome here as well. Weird... Oh well lol happy days maybe it's me.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.