The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

Cupra_2019

Jan 25, 2019
Just received these to go over the black brake calipers with the white Cupra writing which just seem to blend into the alloys.
Not an exact match for the copper badges and mystery blue paint but close enough. Its a wheel's off job so will give it a go at the weekend and post some pictures up.

Attachments

• IMG_20190326_210713.jpg
    IMG_20190326_210713.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 169

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
Hi,

New member here and just ordered a 290 lux in desire red. I've been told to expect delivery last week of June. Reading this thread that may be a long shot lol.

I got a deal through an NHS discount card and the email I got put me through to a company called motorfinity but the lease is actually honoured by leasing options, just with discount applied with being an NHS employee.

Very happy with the deal and cannot wait for the delivery.
I've ordered the same model, except with the pano roof, hoping for mine to arrive around Easter time! :)

Reactions: Cookie12

Weatherdog

Nov 2, 2018
Is anyone ever using Eco mode, the D1 chages to E1 etc but you have to change to individual mode each journey? The gearbox drops into neutral whenever the accelerator is not pressed. The mpg is amazing, even better than my 1.4 A4 with the same gearbox. Then just flick the box into S to overtake and you get all the acceleration without the fake noise, also the DSG farts are also strong!

Reactions: Neil Francis

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Is anyone ever using Eco mode, the D1 chages to E1 etc but you have to change to individual mode each journey? The gearbox drops into neutral whenever the accelerator is not pressed. The mpg is amazing, even better than my 1.4 A4 with the same gearbox. Then just flick the box into S to overtake and you get all the acceleration without the fake noise, also the DSG farts are also strong!
I use engine breaking quite a lot, so coasting in neutral isn't too practical for me. Most of my miles are made in Normal mode, which I think also has the sound actor disabled.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Weatherdog

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
Anyone else’s rear lights on all the time when the engine is on? Mine are when set to auto and the off position? Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Anyone else’s rear lights on all the time when the engine is on? Mine are when set to auto and the off position? Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The daytime running lights? They're supposed to be on ;-).

MifSal

Feb 7, 2019
wondering if any of guys can help me. how do you activate automatic windscreen wipers? mine is in position 1 and i believe thats the interval wipe is this the correct one for auto wiping? sorry if this is a daft question:doh:

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Even rears? Is that standard now?

It used to be an option called 'Scandinavian' style on VW's. You could activate it via Carista etc as in the UK we only had the front DRL's activated.

From browsing many forums it seems the rears being on are a new permanent addition :)

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
It used to be an option called 'Scandinavian' style on VW's. You could activate it via Carista etc as in the UK we only had the front DRL's activated.

From browsing many forums it seems the rears being on are a new permanent addition :)
Hope this is true, was one of the only reasons I was going to get OBDeleven! Lol

Reactions: bgb

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
wondering if any of guys can help me. how do you activate automatic windscreen wipers? mine is in position 1 and i believe thats the interval wipe is this the correct one for auto wiping? sorry if this is a daft question:doh:
Position 1 is for automatic wiping.

Reactions: MifSal

Weatherdog

Nov 2, 2018
wondering if any of guys can help me. how do you activate automatic windscreen wipers? mine is in position 1 and i believe that the interval wipe is this the correct one for auto wiping? sorry if this is a daft question:doh:
You have to go into vehicle settings and tick for auto wiping, otherwise position 1 is normal intermittent. I drove it for a week thinking the auto wipers were just a bit crap.

Reactions: bigup and MifSal

Deluxe

Jul 25, 2017
Just bought a brand new Copra hatchback and just ordered the resonator delete. Now i just have to wait for the part and the installation.. Will be intresting to hear the sound

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Just bought a brand new Copra hatchback and just ordered the resonator delete. Now i just have to wait for the part and the installation.. Will be intresting to hear the sound
Can you record it? I've been looking for res delete recordings for the new 290.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.