Just got my cupra.. a few questions

ray

Jan 7, 2016
The camera I have has a yellow cable like
On that eBay add but the opposite connector (with the pin) once I get some decent time I’ll pull out the mib unit and see what I have to work with.

Once I can get it plugged in I’ll give it power and make sure it works before actually installing.

Btw the dog mount bush is pretty insane, still some slight hop but I have terrible tyres on typical (wet) Scottish roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Camera is work in progress for us all.

Yes the Dog Bone Mount does help a lot, Good rubber will finish it off.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Really want some PS4’s (the trouble with being part of such a forum..) but these still have some tread good for a few months so will give me time to find a decent deal.

So the camera thing I really should pull it out and see if I can plug it in and let you know if it works, happy days if it’s plug and play (some some obd changes).

Really appreciate your comments and knowledge, you’ve clearly spent plenty time in and about these cars and that knowledge is golden.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
That deal is 169 miles from me, seen it earlier so I’ll keep an eye out for some in Scotland..

Deleted member 103408

Yep, just a tank of fuel there an back and a good day out on the road.

fingers crossed for a good deal in scotland,

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I wasn’t even willing to travel that far to get the car

Well, I was, but when I negotiated the cost to roughly what I would be (without the cost of a day at work) it was a no brainer.

I’ll be keeping an eye out though, I know the local tyre dealer who owes me a favour so I might give him a call, I think he cringes whenever I do though.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I haven’t got any decent videos of the new sound, however all the reviews I read said that the 280 still sounded poor and there was still no popping or crackling like the 290.

It’s also been said that whether comfort of cupra mode, the engine is exactly the same but this can’t be true.

When in comfort mode my car is still reasonably quit until you put the boot down, also there’s no crackling or popping. However in cupra mode is noticeably louder (my sound aktor is off) and on the overrun there is plenty of crackling and occasional pop. Even when sitting still revving and letting off it burbles away and to be honest it sounds excellent.

Considering the re-res pipes were £120 and fitting took around 20 minutes, I’ve maintained my comfortable cruiser that isn’t yobbishly loud, whilst gaining a proper sporty tone when required.

Safe to say I’m really enjoying my cupra journey.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
So what is the difference? I get the output will be the same but there is 100% a difference in the exhaust tone in general.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
So what is the difference? I get the output will be the same but there is 100% a difference in the exhaust tone in general.

From what Im aware there is a slight change in the fueling when cupra is selected, when you leg of a little more fuel is but in to give you the noise you get on lift off

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
The quick answers are yes and yes.

The A indicates that you have high beam assist, which will dip the headlamps if it detects another car ahead - either by its headlamps or tail lamps. It will also raise them again when said car is out of range. It works very well IMO but you need to be doing above about 40 MPH.

This is the same camera that you need for sign recognition so you should be able to code this. The app will require 100 credits but its probably worth it as there's a lot of steps to go through.

Hey man
Can you elaborate on how to figure out if I have the camera any further? I can't say I've every noticed any kind of A like this when turning my high beams off, but I think my Cupra 280 is either base spec or close to it.
I do however have what looks like a camera module in an extra big black section in the centre top of the windscreen when viewed from the outside.
Is it possible to enable this high beam assist if you don't have it already either through dealer or obd?

Also, how does traffic sign recognition work, where does it display?

Thanks mate, sorry for the barrage of questions.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
That camera is the camera for lane assist, traffic sign recognition and high beam assist.

The traffic sign recognition will display in the centre top of you digital display.

In the coding pages it doesn’t mention anything about high beam assist needing enabled, I’m sure it’s in the settings although I can’t think where. Mine comes on when I put high beam on then down to low beam it then has the A.

I’ll have a look today to see where the settings are.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Planned to get a better video than this but this gives a good idea of how good the car sounds now.

For £120 safe to say I’m over the moon, no drone when cruising at 80, if you go a bit faster you’ll get drone but really at those speeds your hardly out for a relaxing Sunday drive...

Totally worth it.

Reactions: louiskopite

Deleted member 103408

Screenshot 2019-03-27 at 21.41.36.png

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Thanks for posting that mate.
Yeah, I've never seen that symbol before and almost definitely don't have it specced on my Leon. I do have what looks awfully like a camera on the windshield side of the rear view mirror chunk. I'll post pics tomorrow. Just wondering if it can be "enabled" by the dealer maybe.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Thanks for posting that mate.
Yeah, I've never seen that symbol before and almost definitely don't have it specced on my Leon. I do have what looks awfully like a camera on the windshield side of the rear view mirror chunk. I'll post pics tomorrow. Just wondering if it can be "enabled" by the dealer maybe.

My 2016 FR has this camera looking thing too that you talk about, but I do not have auto lights in my car even though it has the tech pack with full led headlights etc. I may be wrong but if we got auto light switch and got it enabled via carista/obd11/vagcom it might be possible to have it working in our cars??

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Picture of my 'camera' from the outside.
It's occurred to me that I do have auto headlights, just not auto full beams. So in theory I have the hardware?
058e8f0cb04b14ff16e446c507ec81b6.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.