MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

MifSal

Feb 7, 2019
does anyone know why seat decided to put a 7 speed dry clutch instead of the previous 6 speed wet? i thought that dry clutches were for less torque cars below 250nm? :blink:

TomScrut

Mar 14, 2019
does anyone know why seat decided to put a 7 speed dry clutch instead of the previous 6 speed wet? i thought that dry clutches were for less torque cars below 250nm? :blink:
I presume the 7 speed is higher geared than the 6, and therefore better for emissions. The 7 speed has been in the Golf R and S3 for 2 years, and it also goes in the RS3 and TTRS I think unless that is specifically for that engine. So I don't think there is a durability issue?

Reactions: MifSal

TomScrut

Mar 14, 2019
I'd have quite liked a sunroof but couldn't justify the cost unfortunately. A Lux with a sunroof isn't far off a Golf R estate or a Lux 4drive and the 4wd at least outweighs the sunroof for me

Reactions: MifSal and bigup

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Pretty sure the latest Cupras have a DQ381 gearbox. This has wet clutches.

Reactions: MifSal

TomScrut

Mar 14, 2019
I presume the 7 speed is higher geared than the 6, and therefore better for emissions. The 7 speed has been in the Golf R and S3 for 2 years, and it also goes in the RS3 and TTRS I think unless that is specifically for that engine. So I don't think there is a durability issue?

Having read up on this, RS3 and TTRS have the DQ500 which is stronger than the DQ380 and DQ381 by the sounds of it

Juro

Dec 5, 2018
Thanks was bw13 still says in transit from factory

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I just had an update and my BW11 has arrived in Tyne. They did say last week it was going to Grimsby.

Last edited:

Skyscraper120

Feb 13, 2019
Chased Leasing options today, still on schedule for getting to the dealers on the 6th May. Asked them if they knew a build week yet and they replied and said it was BW13 just gone and is in the process of being shipped over!

Reactions: bgb

Colblue290

Feb 3, 2019
Had a look at my local dealer if my car was there and I couldn't not believe the dealer had left all the cars park up covered in bird crap and I mean covered. I would have been going mad if it was my car.

JD7ALI

Jan 19, 2019
Called Seat HQ and they confirmed that it has arrived at the dealership in York. I've emailed LO to confirm and book in a collection date of the 5th. Fingers crossed.
Congrats mate!
What were you saying about me being a jammy dodger? :roflmao:
Hope collection runs smooth for you, may even bump into you there!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.