Just got my cupra.. a few questions

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Picture of my 'camera' from the outside.
It's occurred to me that I do have auto headlights, just not auto full beams. So in theory I have the hardware?
058e8f0cb04b14ff16e446c507ec81b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yes in theory just need obd 11/ carista/ vag com etc to enable it through coding changes?

ray

Jan 7, 2016
She’s now sat on 4 new PS4S, my god the grip difference in the wet especially is unreal, wet grip is as good as the old ones were in the dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Performance wise the engine modes are the same

Can I ask where you got this info from?

I can say with 100% certainty there is quite a notable difference is power output from “eco” and cupra mode, normal to cupra I haven’t tried however like previously mentioned there is definitely a difference in the exhaust tones across the modes.

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
Its like that in all cars, you can get 100% engine power in each mode, but the difference is in how it is delivered.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I can say for 100% certainty that in eco mode there is not 100% power, From putting my foot down to 5k in 3rd gear it was not pulling like it does in cupra, nowhere near it.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
I can say for 100% certainty that in eco mode there is not 100% power, From putting my foot down to 5k in 3rd gear it was not pulling like it does in cupra, nowhere near it.

Have you got DSG?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
When you drive in Eco mode, push the accelerator down until you feel a click.......then watch what happens........

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I get the same click in cupra, I always wondered what was but I’m sure I’m pushing all the way down.. :)

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
My R has it - car suddenly seems to take off. I have a manual R.

What does this "click" do? My pedal stops and hits a bump near its bottom and can be pushed a bit further but I couldn't describe it as a click.

Manual Cupra 280 (MY14)

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
What does this "click" do? My pedal stops and hits a bump near its bottom and can be pushed a bit further but I couldn't describe it as a click.

Manual Cupra 280 (MY14)

Someone on the VWROC found it - when you press down hard, the button depresses and the car suddenly seems to get a bit more oomph in Eco mode. Can’t find anything official but some people think it flips the ecu into the more pokey Race mode but not sure.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site

Manual Cupra 280 (MY14)

You have to have the engine in Eco mode to feel the difference or engine in Eco in Individual mode.

r3d

Nov 21, 2018

As I said, its about delivery, you will get to max speed eventualy even in eco mode.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Can I ask where you got this info from?

I can say with 100% certainty there is quite a notable difference is power output from “eco” and cupra mode, normal to cupra I haven’t tried however like previously mentioned there is definitely a difference in the exhaust tones across the modes.

Been dozens of data log runs but dozens of people, only difference is the throttle response

Deleted member 103408

And on the DSG The gearbox mode which in turn raises the revs, along with the Dampers and the Steering Weight.

Hemo83

Mar 10, 2019
Someone on the VWROC found it - when you press down hard, the button depresses and the car suddenly seems to get a bit more oomph in Eco mode. Can’t find anything official but some people think it flips the ecu into the more pokey Race mode but not sure.

Ive always believed that the click is to bypass the drive mode in case you get yourself into trouble and need to get out of it quickly. So if you’re in eco and don’t have the response you can click the pedal and you’re back in normal mode. I had to use it back when I had an Audi A3 sportback on lease in 2013 and it saved my bacon, but not my pants!

Reactions: louiskopite

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Mine has a very very short travel after this click, but the click is always there, not just in eco mode...

Need to make a video to show the difference

louiskopite

Dec 18, 2018
Athens
You are all right (more or less). That extra click in accelerator is there for both the Cupras and the FRs, supposed to give that extra throttle when needed, feels that engages more in Eco mode as the car is more “relaxed”.

Reactions: ray
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.