LC TIP advice

Rhyswh

Sep 14, 2018
So recently been looking at upgrades for my LC, would like to get it to stage 2 240bhp'ish eventually.

Currently the car is stock apart from cone filter and n249 delete.

First thing I've been looking at are the TIP's. I've searched the forum and google and the obvious choice would be an oversized TIP. The choice being a Badger5, R-Tech or SFS one. I have emailed both Badger5 and R-tech to see if they still make them for the LC and they both came back saying they don't.....sad times. (side note: the response times to emails from both Badger5 and R-tech were silly impressive lol)

The only one I can see on the SFS website is not the oversized one.

I have found one on ebay which is the Creation Motorsport one. From my research I can see this is not a popular choice but also a lot of people who never had an issue with them.

Through my research I read the odd bit of information suggesting an LC would be fine with a normal silicone TIP (not oversized) and that there would be no further gains to get from the oversized ones. Obviously the LCR can make a lot more power which would require the extra flow the oversized TIP could provide.

So my questions are;
1. Will a normal silicone TIP be sufficient on an LC for stage 2? Or will I see extra gains from oversized?
2. From what I've read I'm putting the negative comments on Creation Motorsport down to LCR owners who make much more power, has anyone with an LC had a bad experience with the Creation Motorsport TIP?

Any help much appreciated, thanks

Rhyswh

Sep 14, 2018
I think I've managed to find the SFS one. Can anyone confirm if the AH15/A is the oversized one, they don't have a picture of it on the website?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
As Bill at Badger5 would say
“ it’s all about the flow”
The Better it breathes ( in and out ), the better it performs, so oversize will help in getting the best gains further down the road.
Have you tried seat breakers on fb?
Seem to have stuff like oversize tips come up quite often. But you need to be quick.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Rhyswh

Sep 14, 2018
I did but only in the fact I found it on sfs' website. Never asked about a group buy but pretty sure the item code is AH15A

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
what ive noticed on SFS website... you have 2 part numbers under "induction" AH36 and AH15... then those 2 part numbers have a corresponding version with an A at the end signifying 70mm size. The only thing is which one do you need? 36 or 15? how do you know the difference? It seems as though it depends on your engine ... i was under the impression all 20vts were the same as far as tips went.I will give SFS a call on monday and see what they have to say.

A3 1.8T 20V 70mm AVC/APH/AJQ/AGU/ATC/ARZ (1) - NEW! Induction AH36/A 25-AH36
A3 1.8T 20V 70mm AWW/AWD/AWP/AUM/APP/AWU/ AUQ/ARX/ARY (1) - NEW! Induction AH15/A 25-AH15
A3 1.8T 20V AVC/APH/AJQ/AGU/ATC/ARZ (1) Induction AH36 25-AH36
A3 1.8T 20V AWW/AWD/AWP/AUM/APP/AWU/ AUQ/ARX/ARY (1) Induction AH15 25-AH15

Rhyswh

Sep 14, 2018
The AH36 isn't listed for AUQ so I discounted that one. Pretty sure the oversized one is AH15/A for the AUQ

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Cool, I will go ahead and give them a call tomorrow, im calling a few other manufactures anyways! you say you're shooting for 240hp stage 2? Do you have a parts or wish list yet? I'm looking to max the 1.8 with k03s out around 260hp 285lb/ft... but I know this requires the best stage 2 upgrades, and best quality gas and tuning etc. down the line when the turbo lets go ill be doing a k03s hybrid along with a normal pump gas tune and also e85 tune. Got a ton of parts I want... the wifey wont like it hahaha

Reactions: 20VT_AUQ

Rhyswh

Sep 14, 2018
Yeah, looking to get a catback, fmic, oversized TIP, Forge 008p. Won't be decating as I can't be arsed with swapping over for MOT, will eventually get a 3" downpipe with 200cell cat but that's probably the last thing just because it costs a lot for what it is lol

bangerstox10

May 19, 2016
CANTERBURY
I’ve already got 3” cat back miltek, cone filter but looking at oversize tip and fmic with the bam inlet on to make routing easier!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bangerstox10

May 19, 2016
CANTERBURY
No inlet charge pipe injector rail hoses etc, been gathering parts bit by bit so the missus don’t go mad with 1 big purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Yeah, looking to get a catback, fmic, oversized TIP, Forge 008p. Won't be decating as I can't be arsed with swapping over for MOT, will eventually get a 3" downpipe with 200cell cat but that's probably the last thing just because it costs a lot for what it is lol

Not sure how it is over in the UK can you put in a flange before the cat and have a spare pipe section so its an easy swap out for MOT inspection? on my STI I always just swapped out the stock downpipe with my COBB highflow cat 3" downpipe (strict california smog). eventually the stock cat broke and we just drilled it out hehe.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
So Just got off the phone with SFS. The guy confirmed the AH15/A is the oversized version of the normal AH15 TIP.

He said on the one side its 50mm and the other side is 70mm and that is followed through with 70mm bore the entire way to the 50mm side...

looks like this is the one I'll be getting since rtech doesn't sell theirs anymore.

Reactions: Rhyswh

20VT_AUQ

Roar
Dec 5, 2019
So Just got off the phone with SFS. The guy confirmed the AH15/A is the oversized version of the normal AH15 TIP.

He said on the one side its 50mm and the other side is 70mm and that is followed through with 70mm bore the entire way to the 50mm side...

looks like this is the one I'll be getting since rtech doesn't sell theirs anymore.
Hey man how well are you doing with the SFS supersized TIP?

Im looking for that one and some N75/DV hoses unfortunately they only sell a 5-hose kit which is waaaay expensive

There is another 2pc kit from Creations Motorsports but some guys have had terror stories in this same forum. Scary.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Hey man how well are you doing with the SFS supersized TIP?

Im looking for that one and some N75/DV hoses unfortunately they only sell a 5-hose kit which is waaaay expensive

There is another 2pc kit from Creations Motorsports but some guys have had terror stories in this same forum. Scary.
I have the SFs oversized on AUQ for just over a year, no issues (y) got 238bhp on a remap with stage 2 mods. The modern creationsmotosport ones look decently oversized compared to their early models and they're a very popular choice. Im probably going to get one as i have a blue one currently and i need red/black.

20VT_AUQ

Roar
Dec 5, 2019
I have the SFs oversized on AUQ for just over a year, no issues (y) got 238bhp on a remap with stage 2 mods. The modern creationsmotosport ones look decently oversized compared to their early models and they're a very popular choice. Im probably going to get one as i have a blue one currently and i need red/black.
You removing the SFS one just because of the color? LOL? I would keep it considering how hard is the fitting process.

They sell nice "unique" colors like orange, yellow, purple... SFS is expensive but very reliable according to everyone.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
You removing the SFS one just because of the color? LOL? I would keep it considering how hard is the fitting process.

They sell nice "unique" colors like orange, yellow, purple... SFS is expensive but very reliable according to everyone.
Rest of the bay is red it was the first pipe i got.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise