MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I just had an update and my BW11 has arrived in Tyne. They did say last week it was going to Grimsby.

VAG group as a whole have bundled as many cars as possible over into the UK to avoid the tariffs if yesterday went ahead in terms of no deal and import tariffs etc.

That mixed with the recent storms has apparently made ships unload in all over the UK, causing logistic nightmares and hence the slight delays from port to dealer. According to SEAT customer help :)

Juro

Dec 5, 2018
VAG group as a whole have bundled as many cars as possible over into the UK to avoid the tariffs if yesterday went ahead in terms of no deal and import tariffs etc.

That mixed with the recent storms has apparently made ships unload in all over the UK, causing logistic nightmares and hence the slight delays from port to dealer. According to SEAT customer help :)
That makes sense. I was worried about any delays or increases due to import tariffs if we left yesterday, but at least that worry is out of the way.
I can’t take it until the end of April though so not to worried if there is a delay to the dealer.

Ebygum

Jan 9, 2019
I coincidently done a AXA quote today and was so much cheaper then my current insurer, it made financial sense to cancel and take out a new policy 6 months into my current one... hence asking about plate details!
Woody, I won't be talking to LV till I get back to the UK on Saturday but I've just done a quote with Compare the Market and AXA come out cheapest at £345, so my suspicion has been confirmed and is slightly more expensive than my Alfa
Just called my current insurance company - LV - and although I'm swapping half way through my term the annual quote equates to £275 so I'm actually getting a rebate from them. I had to ask her twice if the details were correct. How it's gone from a new online quote of £345 to £275 as an existing customer has me perplexed. I'm definitely not complaining though. I'm now all set for picking up the car on Tuesday

Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Just called my current insurance company - LV - and although I'm swapping half way through my term the annual quote equates to £275 so I'm actually getting a rebate from them.

What a result!

Stephen Payne

Jan 28, 2019
East Sussex
Just called my current insurance company - LV - and although I'm swapping half way through my term the annual quote equates to £275 so I'm actually getting a rebate from them. I had to ask her twice if the details were correct. How it's gone from a new online quote of £345 to £275 as an existing customer has me perplexed. I'm definitely not complaining though. I'm now all set for picking up the car on Tuesday

So with a contract hire lease the only differences and requirements is to be fully comp and state the vehicle is owned and registered by the leasing company? Can you have a second driver? does the excess need to be anything silly?

TomScrut

Mar 14, 2019
IIRC Leaseplan who fund the LO ones want an excess of £350 max.

Other than saying it's on contract hire and that it's not owned by you I don't think there is anything different with what you can do with it insurance wise.

Reactions: Stephen Payne

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
IIRC Leaseplan who fund the LO ones want an excess of £350 max.

Other than saying it's on contract hire and that it's not owned by you I don't think there is anything different with what you can do with it insurance wise.
I’ve had a few leases and never heard of the company asking for a certain excess

At what Point In the ordering process do they tell you of this ?

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
I’ve had a few leases and never heard of the company asking for a certain excess

At what Point In the ordering process do they tell you of this ?
Yeah never mentioned to me either, what's it got to do with them what I have to pay as an excess? As long as it's insured surely that's enough.

Ebygum

Jan 9, 2019
I think the only compulsory thing is being fully comp for leases.
My LO order is using Leaseplan UK Ltd as the finance house: LO have not mentioned anything about the excess limit but did state the cars purchase price and that its owned by Leaseplan UK Ltd which is ironic as LV don't record the cars value or put down Leaseplan UK Ltd on your insurance document, just a reference that the car is owned by the leasing company. LO will get to see my docs tomorrow morning so if there's a problem I don't have much time to sort it. Also, yes to adding an additional driver, I've added my wife on the policy.

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
Normally all the contract hire have an insurance clause requiring fully comp and a maximum excess of £250 or £350 dependent on funder.

Having said that, when you sign your contracts you are declaring your agreement, nobody checks and nobody cares about the excess.

My first Leon Cupra I had to scan my insurance papers to confirm it was fully insured which had a £500 excess - nobody said a thing.

The new one I got earlier this month, they delivered the car off with no check it was even insured (and it wasn't until a few hours later!!)

Stephen Payne

Jan 28, 2019
East Sussex
Update: LO confirmed it arrived Saturday at DM Keith Leeds and I can collect this Friday 05/04!

Hoping its a proper dealership and not a dirt holding yard.

When the delivery team call I'm going to push for a full tank of petrol seen as I'm collecting and saving them the trip down. They would of filled it up filled up anyway if they were delivering so..

Do they normally fill it up?

Reactions: bgb

TomScrut

Mar 14, 2019
The excess was in the small print in the conteaco you sign online a few weeks after ordering. (On the Leaseplan portal). Might be because mine is BCH that it's different to yours?

Anyway, today is the day, will have it in an hour or so! :clap:

Reactions: bigup and bgb

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
The excess was in the small print in the conteaco you sign online a few weeks after ordering. (On the Leaseplan portal). Might be because mine is BCH that it's different to yours?

Anyway, today is the day, will have it in an hour or so! :clap:

Awesome mate. Enjoy!

Feb 4, 2019
Been told by my dealer that the car i ordered beginning of February is to be built W/C 22nd April and delivery early May.

Now just to wait and find out if that's right.....

Moh

Mar 18, 2019
Been told by my dealer that the car i ordered beginning of February is to be built W/C 22nd April and delivery early May.

Now just to wait and find out if that's right.....

I ordered mine on the 22/02/2019 and it was build week 12 (18/03/2019). Its in status 30 at the moment so showing in transit.