Lost horses.... If found please return.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Chances are it's not just the seal but the hose connection as well.
The little metal lugs wear away and the hose becomes loose in the fitting.

Replace the entire thing and be done with it.

This is how the securing lugs end up \/

maxresdefault.jpg

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
Whilst I wait for the new part I heat shrunk mine in place with some good results so must be losing a lot of power from this area. Still feel like it wants to go but is just a bit behind itself lol

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
Sealed 3 pipes I wasn't happy with. Latched in place with clips then heat wrapped. New turbo connector arrived and fitted. Also found a leak on the rocker cover so sorted that. Will now do a test run.... Fingers crossed

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
Success finally. We have a car that shifts yaaaaay.

After stopping all boost leaks no matter how minor.
Replace the seal on the boost pipe to turbo connector.
New map sensor
New maf sensor.

Seem to have nailed it.

Thank you to everyone that helped

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
Will do but give me a day or to as it's peeing down lol. Make sure the pipe is clipped in to the egr part fully mine needed help with large grips until it clicked. I had to clip the pipe to the right front (as you look at the engine) intercooler as the clip was on to far allowing the rubber pipe to move about. Near the lower left side of the intercooler the rubber hose meets a plastic hose (by the map sensor) I had to heat shrink these 2 together as they just seemed to move about.
Biggest loss was the turbo to rubber pipe connector which I ended up heat wrapping to the turbo (3 layers) then putting the rubber pipe back on. She seems to shift from 2500rpm now 3rd gear onwards.

Will upload some pics

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
Will do but give me a day or to as it's peeing down lol. Make sure the pipe is clipped in to the egr part fully mine needed help with large grips until it clicked. I had to clip the pipe to the right front (as you look at the engine) intercooler as the clip was on to far allowing the rubber pipe to move about. Near the lower left side of the intercooler the rubber hose meets a plastic hose (by the map sensor) I had to heat shrink these 2 together as they just seemed to move about.
Biggest loss was the turbo to rubber pipe connector which I ended up heat wrapping to the turbo (3 layers) then putting the rubber pipe back on. She seems to shift from 2500rpm now 3rd gear onwards.

Will upload some pics
Wow. What a journey. Glad you got to the bottom of it

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

ThirdLeon

Chances are it's not just the seal but the hose connection as well.
The little metal lugs wear away and the hose becomes loose in the fitting.

Replace the entire thing and be done with it.

This is how the securing lugs end up \/

maxresdefault.jpg

I had this on one of my mk1 leon pd130s. I could hear a whoosh almost like it was through the air vents when boosting.
Found that fitting in exactly the same condition.
Think it was around £20-30 for a new one.
The first part i bought was from a vw dealer as it was local, looked the same initially but when fitting the little notches were in the wrong places. Something to watch out for

ThirdLeon

To be fair that was the only turbo or boost issue i had on either pd130. I put around 40k on the first and 110k on the second.

I now own a pd170 fr mk2 bmn engine and have a slight siren/whistle at low rpm. Im going to investigate for any leaks this weeke d