Nick Fontana

Sep 22, 2018
East Sussex
Hi all,

Was using OBD Eleven and followed these steps below from here: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/7...mCjMXOgqcybHPrfxakib3oo0ADImCk0x62iaMSNg4Vy7U
My torque limiting was already deactivated so I left that, then I changed my starting vibration reduction to deactivated to see how it changed things, as it was already set to normal not strong as this poster's were.

This opened a can of worms and face me a whole load of errors. Airbags, stop start, parking sensors, cruise control etc etc. Not sure why but it did.

Then I went back into OBDEleven and re enabled the vibration reduction back to normal and tried resetting the codes but they didn’t go. This was a bit worrying but I thought if I start driving again it may reset it. Nope... got home, left the car for 15 mins or so and went back out to try and clear them. Some have but some haven’t.

I only have errors under the brakes and dashboard section of OBDEleven. As you can see, there’s lots of coding errors which is a bit worrying as the coding itself on the face has actually been changed back to the original settings when there were no errors. My worry is what it’s done in the background. Head unit factory reset hasn’t helped.

This is how the car is, currently:

I've gone through the OBDEleven History and it shows the old longcode value and the new one. It has completely wiped any factory code. I've actually re-written it to the original by working out which bits/bytes needs to be ticked (didn't realise I can just write it in...) which took a little while. I had it exactly back to the default old value but it didn't save and says "Function Not Available" when I try to apply it. I presume I need someone with ODIS or VCDS to re-write the long code to the original? If not, I really don't know what I can do. Is there anyone local to Sussex that would help me out in exchange for some beer tokens?

I don’t need the “shouldn’t have ****** with it” - I’m well aware and kicking myself.. Just need to get this sorted ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Attachments

• OBDEleven Instructions.jpg
    OBDEleven Instructions.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Faults Under Brakes.jpg
    Faults Under Brakes.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 220
  • Dashboard.jpg
    Dashboard.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 216
  • Current Stater.jpg
    Current Stater.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Long Coding Change.jpg
    Long Coding Change.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 159

Deleted member 103408

Is your car a pre facelift model (cant recall if it was 2016 or 17)

the change you made was to adaptions not long coding might help if you can put up your history log

Nick Fontana

Sep 22, 2018
East Sussex
It's a 66 plate, Pre-Facelift.

Yes that's right, I made the change in the Adaptations section but in the history it shows that it has changed the long coding as seen below.

Would you like the entire history log?

Attachments

• Long Coding Change.jpg
    Long Coding Change.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 208

Nick Fontana

Sep 22, 2018
East Sussex
yes please
This is the History from when it went wrong. I've re-uploaded the file to avoid any confusion on where the problem begins.
The History File shows the history from the very start and all my other changes and scans, if for whatever reason you need that.
Thanks for this.

Attachments

• historyadapted.txt
    30.5 KB · Views: 410
  • history.txt
    47.1 KB · Views: 359

Deleted member 103408

Well firstly I have personally never seen it all set to 0000000.

So with that caveat that I have never seen nor done this I would try the following.

Clear the app cache on you phone, re connect to the car and paste 20EE9392542411714478060340C66804C92A882260021676004150F1C006420000000012121212B835351919323200

http://forum.obdeleven.com/post/8922 should show you how to

Reactions: paddy6789

Nick Fontana

Sep 22, 2018
East Sussex
Well firstly I have personally never seen it all set to 0000000.

So with that caveat that I have never seen nor done this I would try the following.

Clear the app cache on you phone, re connect to the car and paste 20EE9392542411714478060340C66804C92A882260021676004150F1C006420000000012121212B835351919323200

http://forum.obdeleven.com/post/8922 should show you how to

I'll give that a go. I have essentially tried that. When I held the apply tick it just said "(31)Function Not Available" then after it said "(57*) Wrong Diagnostic Mode" - or something along those lines.
* Not 100% sure.

I'll give that a go and let you know!

Deleted member 103408

ok well if the diagnostic mode is not right then you can change that (its, never done it on BRAKES SO I WOULD GUESS Diagnosis mode for safety-related systems is the one you need but to be clear I do not know.

OBD-diagnostic mode
VW-diagnostic mode
Diagnosis mode for safety-related systems
End of assembly line mode (EOL)
IO Test Session
Development mode

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3262/control-unit-setup#ixzz5jyseVWH6

Nick Fontana

Sep 22, 2018
East Sussex
ok well if the diagnostic mode is not right then you can change that (its, never done it on BRAKES SO I WOULD GUESS Diagnosis mode for safety-related systems is the one you need but to be clear I do not know.

OBD-diagnostic mode
VW-diagnostic mode
Diagnosis mode for safety-related systems
End of assembly line mode (EOL)
IO Test Session
Development mode

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3262/control-unit-setup#ixzz5jyseVWH6
I'll have a go. Was scared to touch any more!

Deleted member 103408

Fully understand that, Don't understand what wiped out all the coding very strange.

Afraid I cant give a firm answer as never seen this before but I have certainly changed Modes before

Reactions: paddy6789

Nick Fontana

Sep 22, 2018
East Sussex
Fully understand that, Don't understand what wiped out all the coding very strange.

Afraid I cant give a firm answer as never seen this before but I have certainly changed Modes before
Looking promising. Didn’t do anything differently but I did copy the code and it did accept it. My long code is now that of the original. I’ve cleared the codes and they have actually cleared this time. Just trying to clear the rest. I’m hoping this is it.

Deleted member 103408

Good news, if you still have problems put up the errors you got and I will see (in the morning) if there is anything obvious.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
This is the sort of thing that scares me when 'playing' with the likes of OBDeleven. Thank goodness there's people on the forum like TheOldBoy!!

I need to upgrade my OBDeleven to Pro as it looks like the History function is quite handy!!

Nick Fontana

Sep 22, 2018
East Sussex
This is the sort of thing that scares me when 'playing' with the likes of OBDeleven. Thank goodness there's people on the forum like TheOldBoy!!

I need to upgrade my OBDeleven to Pro as it looks like the History function is quite handy!!
It certainly saved my arae this time! What’s strange is I didn’t change anything from what I tried before, however having someone explain my first thoughts was enough to make me try again. I’m so glad, thought it was going to be exoensive!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise