2019 Cupra 290 Res Delete Done!!

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
I had mine done last week nice little burble on comfort mood and pretty much perfect sound levels when in cupra mode you'd expect from a hot hatch. Very happy with it!

How you finding just general driving? I’m a little worried it might be too much for day to day commute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
How you finding just general driving? I’m a little worried it might be too much for day to day commute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In comfort mode because the gears shift at lower revs all you get is a nice burble from the exhaust, sound level inside just raised a notch from standard. In cupra with it holding the gears and downshifting it's again up another notch sounds really good and nice pops and bangs on downshifts.

The guy who fitted it mentioned how good it sounded and how it had just perfectly raised the volume without being to much or enough to annoy the neighbours in comfort.

The progressive Parts kit is top quality and was a perfect fit aswell.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Video please! :)

Anyone else made a res delete with the kit (version 3) from progressiv parts? And of you did, any modifications needed?
Do you mean fitted the res delete kit? That's one I bought, the guy that fitted it was delighted with the quality and fitment. One side of the existing pipe needs cut, but if you ever wanted to silencer out back you could weld it back on or sleeve it.

Stephen Payne

Jan 28, 2019
East Sussex
In comfort mode because the gears shift at lower revs all you get is a nice burble from the exhaust, sound level inside just raised a notch from standard. In cupra with it holding the gears and downshifting it's again up another notch sounds really good and nice pops and bangs on downshifts.

The guy who fitted it mentioned how good it sounded and how it had just perfectly raised the volume without being to much or enough to annoy the neighbours in comfort.

What version did you need to get for the copra?

Deluxe

Jul 25, 2017

No fault codes on the engine?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
No fault codes on the engine?
No. It in no way affects the engine or the running of the car, all the silencer does is dampens down the sound coming out the tail pipes.

You could put a full straight through stainless system on after the GPF and it still wouldn't affect the car, it would just make it sound crazy.

Brian

Oct 15, 2018
Hi guys

Just reading this with a lot of excitement! I want to have my Copra 2019 sound like that as well...

Is it easy to install or will i have to hire a mechanic to do it? Welding or cutting needed?
Note that I have absolutely no knowledge of working with cars besides driving it.:banghead2

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Hi guys

Just reading this with a lot of excitement! I want to have my Copra 2019 sound like that as well...

Is it easy to install or will i have to hire a mechanic to do it? Welding or cutting needed?
Note that I have absolutely no knowledge of working with cars besides driving it.:banghead2
Original exhaust will need to but cut, it's a simple 30min job on the ramp that any exhaust center will be able to do

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Hi guys

Welcome along Brian its pretty much all been covered in this thread. One cut needs to be made and its easiest to have the car on a ramp.

Brian

Oct 15, 2018
Thanks a lot guys...

I have written to my local tuning guy, that has allready done my remapping. He sells sports exhaust, so i'll be ha can do the job ;)

hallsy67

Mar 11, 2010
Bristol
Thanks a lot guys...

I have written to my local tuning guy, that has allready done my remapping. He sells sports exhaust, so i'll be ha can do the job ;)
If you have a 19 plate cupra what map are you running as I don’t know of any yet for the wltp cars.

Last edited:

Brian

Oct 15, 2018
If you have a 19 plate cupra what map are you running as I don’t of any yet for the wltp cars.

Oh damn, I actually have no idea.... The tuning center BSR Tuning just gave me the software through their trademark PDA kind of computer thing. I don't know what the software's name is.
I had to come in to give them my original software, then their technicians in Sweden used about a week to make the remapped software to fit my car. So i guess I was one of the first to get it done.

hallsy67

Mar 11, 2010
Bristol
Oh damn, I actually have no idea.... The tuning center BSR Tuning just gave me the software through their trademark PDA kind of computer thing. I don't know what the software's name is.
I had to come in to give them my original software, then their technicians in Sweden used about a week to make the remapped software to fit my car. So i guess I was one of the first to get it done.
do you have any figures after the tune with regards to power?

Brian

Oct 15, 2018
do you have any figures after the tune with regards to power?

The tuning company measured the power to about 370 HP and 480 NM, and they we put in a sports airfilter as well. Which is probably 2-3 of the HP increase. So far top speed with me at wheel has been 292 KM/H (danish, sorry guys), but i'm pretty sure that if I had more road i was going over 300.

But to be honest, I did it for the better gas economy. The power is now way to high for a front wheel driven car, I need to be above 60 MPH before i put the foot down, otherwise it spins wildly. :drive2:

hallsy67

Mar 11, 2010
Bristol
The tuning company measured the power to about 370 HP and 480 NM, and they we put in a sports airfilter as well. Which is probably 2-3 of the HP increase. So far top speed with me at wheel has been 292 KM/H (danish, sorry guys), but i'm pretty sure that if I had more road i was going over 300.

But to be honest, I did it for the better gas economy. The power is now way to high for a front wheel driven car, I need to be above 60 MPH before i put the foot down, otherwise it spins wildly. :drive2:
Well that’s good news though with regards to power. I take it you have the ppf on yours?

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
So if i understand it correctly there are no sensors connected to or around the GPF?
It will NOT cause any limp modes or need coding if i would remove it?

I have the ST 4drive and are considering having a link pipe fabricated.
But i was under the impression that i needed to have the GPF coded before removal to prevent codes..

Skyscraper120

Feb 13, 2019
So if i understand it correctly there are no sensors connected to or around the GPF?
It will NOT cause any limp modes or need coding if i would remove it?

I have the ST 4drive and are considering having a link pipe fabricated.
But i was under the impression that i needed to have the GPF coded before removal to prevent codes..

If you remove the GPF you might need a remap as I suspect there would be a sensor connected to it possibly. The res delete is just a like for like swap of a bit of exhaust but without a resonator. The GPF is untouched as you don't remove this with a res delete.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
If you remove the GPF you might need a remap as I suspect there would be a sensor connected to it possibly. The res delete is just a like for like swap of a bit of exhaust but without a resonator. The GPF is untouched as you don't remove this with a res delete.
Thanks, i just checked the photo's in the earlier link and realized that the 290 did indeed and GPF AND resonator.. I figured it only had GPF and that the "res delete" was actually a "gpd delete".. My bad :p

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
so many questions on these mods, and yet very little videos demonstrating the result! im so close to booking it in (not the vagsport pipe, i will just get an exhaust shop to replace it) i just wish there was a decent video, no of static revving as there is no load placed on the engine to get a good growl

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.