SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Yes updates are available, I updated mine from 0319 to 1219, had to do it in 4 stages as you can't directly update from 0319 to 1219. Not sure if there are any updates to do between your 0123 and 0319 though. The hardware number (H41) is fixed and can't be changed I think.

How did you find out how many updates your unit needed?

We could do with a list and what for in order

Tell

Staff member
Will have to get back to you on that when i'm home on Wednesday.
Just for your info these are the guys I contacted to get my unit 'modified'
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Seat-OEM-Part-Easy-Connect-Navigation-System-MIB-2-with-DAB-no-SIM/292973821165?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I PM'd him that a bit earlier. I assumed you followed the Spanish thread on the firmware update although I didn't find the H50 one when I looked before Xmas so I guess they have their own sources to work with or pop it out of the boxes once it's loaded.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Ok thanks. The 'mod' is required for firmware updates? Maps updates? or both?
The 'Mod' is required for map updates, I think after the mod is done you cannot update the firmware so firmware first then mod. As Tell already said they killed my unit when I first visited them to get firmware and maps updated, I think possibly because they might have skipped a step.
I bought the firmware updates from a guy on ebay (think he used to be on this forum) and then had my unit modified.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I PM'd him that a bit earlier. I assumed you followed the Spanish thread on the firmware update although I didn't find the H50 one when I looked before Xmas so I guess they have their own sources to work with or pop it out of the boxes once it's loaded.
No I didn't look at the Spanish thread as I thought it didn't cover the High units.

Reactions: Tell

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
The 'Mod' is required for map updates, I think after the mod is done you cannot update the firmware so firmware first then mod. As Tell already said they killed my unit when I first visited them to get firmware and maps updated, I think possibly because they might have skipped a step.
I bought the firmware updates from a guy on ebay (think he used to be on this forum) and then had my unit modified.

Maps is my least prioity, I'd rather have firmware but only if it brings an advantage, ie Full Link.
You bought from the guy from Turkey i assume, who was active many pages back on here.
Did they bring the back from the dead or replace it then?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Maps is my least prioity, I'd rather have firmware but only if it brings an advantage, ie Full Link.
You bought from the guy from Turkey i assume, who was active many pages back on here.
Did they bring the back from the dead or replace it then?
Firmware updates will not give full link (that is only available with 'Mod' as the ebay item), the firmware gives better operation and later type tile menu and VC compatibility.
Yes the guy from Turkey.
My unit got replaced.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Firmware updates will not give full link (that is only available with 'Mod' as the ebay item), the firmware gives better operation and later type tile menu and VC compatibility.
Yes the guy from Turkey.
My unit got replaced.

Ok i have a better understanding now, thanks.
What is VC? EDIT - (worked it out Virtual Cockpit)

Reactions: Tell and Walone

Tell

Staff member
Yes the guy from Turkey.
My unit got replaced.

Both our models went to the 2018 or 2019 version. That's why I was trying to place the firmware number. I'm pretty sure my Ateca is now on the very latest firmware.

On Android Auto I currently have problems but then alot of people do on the original software. I think Walone has no problems with his iPhone. I'm not bothered thou since I'm not a big fan of Androud Auto. I got to try out different USB leads and I did make a VCDS change to activitate the wifi client mode prior to the mod which might have a bearing on why Android Auto works intermittently for me.

Those people will put you straight onto the latest I'm sure so you don't need to do anything yourself.

Edit. Tried a different USB cable and Android Auto started working... lesson there somewhere.

Last edited:

Jimiaces

Nov 25, 2018
I have the option to get full link. If I take it to the dealership to unlock this will they be able to update the software at the same time?

Hogey

Jul 6, 2016
Has Removal of component protection been covered in this thread? I bought a used MIB2 unit which I want to fit in my 15 plate Cupra (running MIB1)

Thanks

Tell

Staff member
You could read the thread... however once CP is removed you loose your navigation license. Obviously if it's a retrofit its modded to have a license. You read on threads of people having CP removed and getting stuck with no navigation. You also read of helpful dealers that know what they are doing but guess there are not too many of those around. They do cook book procedures in the main.

If you do some Googles you will find those threads. It goes if you have a license then you shouldn't loose it by having CP removed, the default as I understand it is you do. Hence you read of unhappy people that need to buy the navigation again. Expect it runs to other licensed aspects.

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Feb 9, 2019
Hi, I need your help, I wanted to know if there are any update, for this unit, and know which manufacturer, if someone has the update I'm waiting, thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-06-11-20-17-874_com.miui.gallery.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-06-11-20-17-874_com.miui.gallery.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 301
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.