MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Juro

Dec 5, 2018
Just called Seat, apparently my Cupra has been at the dealers since the 1st April. I haven't had an update from Nationwide yet though. Anyone know how long it normally takes them to get in contact for delivery once it reaches the dealer?

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
Mine was BW11 and I think it is also going to JCT Bradford. Fingers crossed mine is there too. Who did you lease through?
Mine is BW11 too, I'll give SEAT a call this afternoon and see what's happening! They told me on Monday that it should be at the dealer by today.

Ebygum

Jan 9, 2019
Not entirely comparable though is it, the 5dr lux which is about £30k but heavily discounted when buying (a Lux can be bought for about £24k off the discounting websites) vs a limited run car that is about £38k RRP and probably won't have the same discount level and will probably not go on PCH at all.
Totally agree. I had totally missed the fact that icestorm81 was getting the R ST even though I had previously commented on it!!

Ebygum

Jan 9, 2019
Unless you are doing 40k miles per year! Yes, it does seem high but everybody's situation is different and I'm sure other members will chip in but here's what I'm paying :

Personal lease (not PCP) with Leasing Options
Leon Cupra 290 Lux 5-door
8k miles per year
23+6
£252 per month

I could have had the non-Lux for 240 per month. I know other members got it even cheaper than that. I will never purchase a car again using a PCP
Now I've had a coffee and woken up I will say your deal is about bang on for the money. My soon to disappear Alfa Giulia Veloce was on a PCP, 12k miles pa over 48 months and a list price with extras at 38.5k. I was paying £602 per month

JD7ALI

Jan 19, 2019
Just picked up my Magnetic Grey Cupra from DM Keith York, absolutely love the colour!
Shaz dealt with my handover really well. Must have seen well over 30 Cupras there, was told they've stopped taking delivery of cars due to massive backlog and not being able to release the cars on time.
Car was clean(ish) but Shaz did get rid of any remaining bird shite!

Will upload some pics soon!

Reactions: bgb and bigup
Apr 4, 2019
Just picked up my Magnetic Grey Cupra from DM Keith York, absolutely love the colour!
Shaz dealt with my handover really well. Must have seen well over 30 Cupras there, was told they've stopped taking delivery of cars due to massive backlog and not being able to release the cars on time.

Does your stop start work in manual mode? Mine only works in auto and not sure if it’s faulty or not!

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Does your stop start work in manual mode? Mine only works in auto and not sure if it’s faulty or not!

I’m sure in manual it wouldn’t work as technically you are taking away the ability for the car turn off and back in correct gear?

The car will drop gears or go up after a time of forced high revs to restrict damage, but ultimately, you control it as manual.

On a side note, stop start is flipping annoying so much so I coded it out on my GTD. why do you want it back?! Haha

JD7ALI

Jan 19, 2019
Not sure yet mate, sorry. Not driven the car yet due to a broken leg and probably won't be doing for at least another week or so. But will let you know as soon as I do drive it.

Apr 4, 2019
Not sure yet mate, sorry. Not driven the car yet due to a broken leg and probably won't be doing for at least another week or so. But will let you know as soon as I do drive it.
Cheers buddy! What a sh** time to break your leg. You’ll have lots of fun when you can drive it.

Apr 4, 2019
I’m sure in manual it wouldn’t work as technically you are taking away the ability for the car turn off and back in correct gear?

The car will drop gears or go up after a time of forced high revs to restrict damage, but ultimately, you control it as manual.

On a side note, stop start is flipping annoying so much so I coded it out on my GTD. why do you want it back?! Haha
It’s more the worry that something is wrong that will affect another system. Don’t want to find out when it’s not free to fix. I get your logic on the manual issue but the user manual clearly states that it should work in M or S.

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
Just off the phone with SEAT, my Cupra is at JCT600 awaiting PDI, so hopefully get a call from them early next week to arrange delivery!! I've a few days booked off over Easter so hopefully I can book it for then!

Reactions: bgb and Juro

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I contacted Seat Ashford today for an update on my Lux ST order made 22/02/19.

No confirmed build week still. That is after 6 weeks :((

I’ve emailed them back asking if I were to change my order to the Cupra R ST would that mean I got the car sooner - I’m assuming that the cars are all being pre made to standard spec ??

Ebygum

Jan 9, 2019

Good to hear and sounds like you had a similar experience to me. One thing worth checking, on my nearside rear wheel on the inner rim there was a rectangular manufacturers sticker around 6cm x 3cm. The top layer came off no problem but the sticky under layer wouldn't budge. After much cussing and head scratching, some white spirit on a cloth finally got it removed

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
I contacted Seat Ashford today for an update on my Lux ST order made 22/02/19.

No confirmed build week still. That is after 6 weeks :((

I’ve emailed them back asking if I were to change my order to the Cupra R ST would that mean I got the car sooner - I’m assuming that the cars are all being pre made to standard spec ??

You ordered the same as me at about the same time. I am getting a July delivery date from SEAT. Just want my new car!

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
Could anyone tell me how the first year tax works with a leasing company?

I have never had to worry about taxing the car through the whole time I have had the lease. The car is owned by the leasing company so they pay it. It is factored into the price you pay each month.

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018

According to my swedish dealer they are built on order. My R was ordered mid February and and is being built week 17.

Reactions: Slickric21

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
You ordered the same as me at about the same time. I am getting a July delivery date from SEAT. Just want my new car!

Have you got a confirmed build week yet ?

I was told July when I made my order aswell, but that was 6 weeks ago and the order still hasn’t been accepted by the factory.

I can see this dragging out to August in reality and then if that’s the case i’ll be delaying things to get the new reg in Sept !!!