Car security

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I use a Stoplock Pro Elite. Fits the FR steering wheel perfectly. I've replaced my house door handles to stop any toerag 'peeling' up the door handle, like they tried with yours, and snapping the lock cylinder. Crazy how easy this is to break-in this way (have a look on YouTube). The door handles need to be 'PAS24' certified. Look for ones made by Hoppe or Mila, only approx £25 on Ebay. Look for anti-snap lock cylinders made by Avocet, which are anything from £25 - £50.

Reactions: Butty

Skyscraper120

Feb 13, 2019
I use a Stoplock Pro Elite. Fits the FR steering wheel perfectly. I've replaced my house door handles to stop any toerag 'peeling' up the door handle, like they tried with yours, and snapping the lock cylinder. Crazy how easy this is to break-in this way (have a look on YouTube). The door handles need to be 'PAS24' certified. Look for ones made by Hoppe or Mila, only approx £25 on Ebay. Look for anti-snap lock cylinders made by Avocet, which are anything from £25 - £50.

Nothing wrong with Avocet but get an Ultion lock instead.

Reactions: LS26

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I'm tempted by the disklok. But worried it'll scratch the gloss black plastic parts of the steering wheel.
I have used my old disklok with no problems for near 5 years on current 280, just be a bit carefull. It is a bit of a pain so I would not want to add to the extra hassle of a cover first. Also when I read reviews on Amazon on the cover, they were not great, so I gave it a miss. PS It was voted as the most difficult to remove of any mechanical device if you can put up with the faffing about fitting it.

billman

Dec 20, 2009
right guys woke up last night, 4-4:30ish banging on the front door, turned lights on ect must have scared them off, what do you lot have security wise on the car and house? I can only presume they were after the cars?

Hello. Check this. http://portanova.co.uk
The only thing certain is they won't be able to break in to your house through the front door.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I have used my old disklok with no problems for near 5 years on current 280, just be a bit carefull. It is a bit of a pain so I would not want to add to the extra hassle of a cover first. Also when I read reviews on Amazon on the cover, they were not great, so I gave it a miss. PS It was voted as the most difficult to remove of any mechanical device if you can put up with the faffing about fitting it.
Wow, is that what it costs now, mine was that long ago it was about £50 then.

billman

Dec 20, 2009
Guess they are but you always get what you pay for. They'll get the job done.

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
There’s footage doing the rounds of scum eyeing up an RS6 - right up to the point where they see a Disklok on it and bugger off. Crims don’t want any hassle so useit at home too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's all well and good but if they're going to break into your house for the car keys they'll also take the disklok or any other lock you use keys too. They're a worthwhile thing to fit, certainly when away from home but I just don't think it's a major deterrent if they're already prepared to break in your house, it's just 1 more key they need to find or threaten you to hand over.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
That's all well and good but if they're going to break into your house for the car keys they'll also take the disklok or any other lock you use keys too. They're a worthwhile thing to fit, certainly when away from home but I just don't think it's a major deterrent if they're already prepared to break in your house, it's just 1 more key they need to find or threaten you to hand over.

That’s just it though - if they don’t want to break in, they leave empty handed. Certainly worth having for people who have keyless cars - I wouldn’t touch keyless with a ten foot barge pole.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
That’s just it though - if they don’t want to break in, they leave empty handed. Certainly worth having for people who have keyless cars - I wouldn’t touch keyless with a ten foot barge pole.

You can deactivate keyless locking / unlocking function on some current VW’s (e.g. new Polo and face lifted (mk7.5) Golf; not sure about other models) - don’t know if it works on MY Leons. To deactivate, lock the car using the lock button on the key fob, then within 5 seconds, touch the sensor on the door handle that you would normally use to lock/unlock the car. Car will then not unlock by just touching the handle - the ‘unlock’ button on the key fob needs to be used.

This procedure has to be done each time you lock the car. No hardship really, as you use the key fob buttons if you don’t have keyless anyway.

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
You can deactivate keyless locking / unlocking function on some current VW’s (e.g. new Polo and face lifted (mk7.5) Golf; not sure about other models) - don’t know if it works on MY Leons. To deactivate, lock the car using the lock button on the key fob, then within 5 seconds, touch the sensor on the door handle that you would normally use to lock/unlock the car. Car will then not unlock by just touching the handle - the ‘unlock’ button on the key fob needs to be used.

This procedure has to be done each time you lock the car. No hardship really, as you use the key fob buttons if you don’t have keyless anyway.

Can anyone confirm this works?

Deleted member 103408

I would have thought you can code Kessy out, I have certainly see lots of items in the car setup allowing it.

Also seen this done (disabled the door sensors only) on OBD11 Forum, not on a Leon but on a Skoda so same platform.

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
Bet they are pretty expensive.
The similar Titan Security doors start at around £2400 +VAT.
Very effective, but you'll need one for each point of entry, or zone your home.
For most people it's better to just leave your keys near the front door, not visible from outside, not somewhere they can be hooked etc but obvious once you are in.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
That's a lot of money to protect the average car. Only worth it to not have the horrible nightmares of knowing an unwanted guest has been in your house. Where do you stop, if the doors are that protected, the next thing would be a brick at the patio door/window. Do you spend thousands on replacing them with toughened glass? Too much protection, and if they want the car that bad, they'll wait for you to leave or come home from work and force you to hand over the keys. A lot easier than breaking in and finding that you're dealing with a nutcase who has a baseball bat beside the bed!

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
That's a lot of money to protect the average car. Only worth it to not have the horrible nightmares of knowing an unwanted guest has been in your house. Where do you stop, if the doors are that protected, the next thing would be a brick at the patio door/window. Do you spend thousands on replacing them with toughened glass? Too much protection, and if they want the car that bad, they'll wait for you to leave or come home from work and force you to hand over the keys. A lot easier than breaking in and finding that you're dealing with a nutcase who has a baseball bat beside the bed!

Indeed. I've a 21" metal baseball bat beside my bed for close quarters battering. I also have a tactical knife in the lock drawer on my bedside table (for which I'm combat trained and proficient with). Anyone breaks into my house I'll do what it takes to protect my wife and son. That includes stabbing them or breaking their legs or spine with my bat. I'm not a nutter. But I'd rather be equipped than not. On the flip side, if five lads stopped me outside my house to rob me when I'm not equipped, I'll just give them the keys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Legojon

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
You protect yourself and family not the car....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.