Infuriating Rattle

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
My 2014 Cupra SC 280 is generally a creaky rattle-y loud car. However, the most annoying part of the bunch is a very occasional sound, something small and plastic rolling around under the floor or seat panels.

The sound only ever occurs when I pull off hard, brake hard or corner hard or if there's a hill involved (further supporting my 'there is a small piece of plastic like a bb stuck under my carpet' theory. I simply don't know where else to look though, and I haven't got the confidence to start tearing out the lining. Any guides on back seat removal, floor carpeting removal perhaps? Any other suggestions? Seriously losing my mind :banghead:

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I have this noise in mine which sounds like a metal Key or something of the sorts underneath sliding back and forth.

Unfortunately for me I am completely deaf in the right ear so I have no depth perception, I just tell myself it’s something in the boot.

Good luck, I’m obviously of no help but you may take something in knowing you are not alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Try the air vent on the floor that supplies the heater air to the rear of the car. I had a small pebble in my Ibiza some years ago drove me mad till I found it.

I had a brief look there but found nothing - I'll have to take a torch to it though as you've suggested with boots in the back it wouldn't be difficult to get something in there.

All I can tell so far is that it's behind the front seats in some capacity - need someone to ride in the back and locate it with their ears! Might be a bit dangerous ragging it with someone lay with their ear to the floor though! :drive2:

Reactions: Woodygo

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
I had a brief look there but found nothing - I'll have to take a torch to it though as you've suggested with boots in the back it wouldn't be difficult to get something in there.

All I can tell so far is that it's behind the front seats in some capacity - need someone to ride in the back and locate it with their ears! Might be a bit dangerous ragging it with someone lay with their ear to the floor though! :drive2:

Take a kid say you've dropped a coin if he finds it he can keep it :D

Reactions: Woodygo
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.