Cupra 300 Resonator Delete

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Yeah i dont understand where the money is in the dearer parts.
I think vagsport push the fact that it is 70mm CNC bent tube. As far as i'm aware 70mm SS tube is more uncommon and thus expensive (Not 2x as much though).

i didn't think you could doe the delete on the Estate.
I have a pre WLTP 4drive estate with the smaller centre box (same as golf r and S3) not the triangular one and no GPFs :D.
The pipe is 65mm diameter at the front and 65mm at the rear (as opposed to 70mm at the rear box on the hatch). So the vagsport one seems a bit pointless on the ST. Just creates a larger void for the exhaust waves to expand into, which causes a damping affect.

mine has the GPF fitted so i suppose this will act in itself as a silencer, so by removing the middle res it shouldnt be to intrusive. Not many been carried out on the new 290 (that have been reported anyway)
Have you checked you have the resonator? As I was under the influence that they canned them on the hatchback as the GPF created enough of a silencer? Dont hold me to that though. BTW i assume you have the hatchback?

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
I think vagsport push the fact that it is 70mm CNC bent tube. As far as i'm aware 70mm SS tube is more uncommon and thus expensive (Not 2x as much though).

I have a pre WLTP 4drive estate with the smaller centre box (same as golf r and S3) not the triangular one and no GPFs :D.
The pipe is 65mm diameter at the front and 65mm at the rear (as opposed to 70mm at the rear box on the hatch). So the vagsport one seems a bit pointless on the ST. Just creates a larger void for the exhaust waves to expand into, which causes a damping affect.

Have you checked you have the resonator? As I was under the influence that they canned them on the hatchback as the GPF created enough of a silencer? Dont hold me to that though. BTW i assume you have the hatchback?

yes i have the hatchback, yeah checked under the car and the resonator is there. They alos sell the res pipes specifically for the new WLTP 290. i have heard the WLTP Golf Rs dont have a resonator.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
@Titchy how much of a difference does the res delete on the ST make as it's a lot quieter than the 5 door from stock ?
I'm tempted but don't want it really loud or to be annoying and drone. It's supposed to be my sensible family car after all!
Makes it as loud as the standard hatchback plus a little bit more. Obviously its subjective, and TBF there is always drone with a res delete, just differs at what rpm.

For a comparison the res delete has a similar noise to the sound aktuator in Cupra mode, only if you boot it though. If your gentle and smooth with the throttle, you wont get too much noise, which is easy with dog/kids on board.

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
Makes it as loud as the standard hatchback plus a little bit more. Obviously its subjective, and TBF there is always drone with a res delete, just differs at what rpm.

For a comparison the res delete has a similar noise to the sound aktuator in Cupra mode, only if you boot it though. If your gentle and smooth with the throttle, you wont get too much noise, which is easy with dog/kids on board.

Thanks for the info! It's hard to find out what it's actually like on the ST. Definitely something to consider

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
IMO the zaustworxs one is best bang for buck. Vagsport is a bit overrated and expensive for what is ultimately a stainless steel pipe.

Bare in mind my car is the estate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snaffled a Vagsport for my ST on a Black Friday deal which eased the pain, but garage still needed to fettle it to fit properly. Just go for the cheapest SS pipe that is shaped correctly for your model.
Mine has definately matured with age and can be heard when I want it to pop and gurgle

Reactions: bigup

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
Snaffled a Vagsport for my ST on a Black Friday deal which eased the pain, but garage still needed to fettle it to fit properly. Just go for the cheapest SS pipe that is shaped correctly for your model.
Mine has definately matured with age and can be heard when I want it to pop and gurgle

Does it produce the dreaded drone at motorway speeds? Some hatch owners have mentioned this, and I wonderd if a Res delete on the ST suffered with the same problem. The exhaust systems are different between the two, and the ST exhaust sound is much quieter generally. Might this result in less drone? Cabin internal dimensions are different too which might also have an influence.

The guy I lift share with has recently acquired an RS3, and I've suddenly become very interested in removing the resonator on my car!

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Does it produce the dreaded drone at motorway speeds? Some hatch owners have mentioned this, and I wonderd if a Res delete on the ST suffered with the same problem. The exhaust systems are different between the two, and the ST exhaust sound is much quieter generally. Might this result in less drone? Cabin internal dimensions are different too which might also have an influence.

The guy I lift share with has recently acquired an RS3, and I've suddenly become very interested in removing the resonator on my car!

If you read a bit further back, I mentioned that a res delete on the ST sounds similar to the soundaktor in cupra mode. I assume this is due to the two separate back boxes.

Butty

Sep 7, 2018

Can't say I notice any drone, but then having grown up with modding cars all my life, I wouldn't know if droning was an annoyance or not.

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
thinking of getting a res deleted done for my 300, anyone got any recommendations for places to get this do around north east Leeds?

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Is the exhaust system on the 280, 290 and 300 the same?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On the hatch? If so, no

280 has a front silencer, mid silencer and rear silencer

Pre WLTP 290 and 300 have the front silencer and rear silencer. The front one is usually removed in a res delete. The back box has been borrowed from the golf GTI club sport S and toned down a little bit. However the cupra r 310 has the club sport exhaust and is a little louder.

I’m sure someone will stick some images up.

Davesimmons269

Feb 18, 2018
I have been asking a number of places for quotes to fit a res delete kit.. one place came back saying that they dont normally fit them as they end up removing them cos of teh constant drone... Anyone here experienced the drone? Is the drone noticable when not in Cupra mode? or occurs no matter the road type/speed etc?

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
So i finally hard the res delete done at tony banks in Leeds, very happy with it, in comfort on motorway, it ever so slightly drones, but just when you go over about half throttle, on cruise control i don't notice it.

But when in cupra on throttle its sounds amazing, dsg farts and the sound is exactly how i i thought a cupra should sound, not sure if its just a placebo, but the dsg farts sound more frequent now.

Just have to handle the wife now, she thought it was loud before, i did lay the ground work for this though.
  1. completely turned soundaktor off when i got the car
  2. when i knew i was getting this done, turn it back up to 100%, but when she noticed the sound i said to her its only on 30%
  3. now its off again, but i'll tell her its on 100%, hopefully i'll be ok

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
I had mine done on saturday but mine is a ST300 4 drive so a lot quiter standard anyway. I get no drone whatsoever on motoway speeds

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
So i finally hard the res delete done at tony banks in Leeds, very happy with it, in comfort on motorway, it ever so slightly drones, but just when you go over about half throttle, on cruise control i don't notice it.

But when in cupra on throttle its sounds amazing, dsg farts and the sound is exactly how i i thought a cupra should sound, not sure if its just a placebo, but the dsg farts sound more frequent now.

Just have to handle the wife now, she thought it was loud before, i did lay the ground work for this though.
  1. completely turned soundaktor off when i got the car
  2. when i knew i was getting this done, turn it back up to 100%, but when she noticed the sound i said to her its only on 30%
  3. now its off again, but i'll tell her its on 100%, hopefully i'll be ok
How did you find Tony banks ? I'm considering heading back to get a muffler delete as well but don't know if it would be too loud lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.