MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
Interesting! I may of possibly just missed it, will call Seat Friday or Monday for an update.

What was your build week?

They're all done online now aren't they!? :thumbd:

No idea mate, only ordered on 25th March from Total Fleet (they had stock), found them through leasing.com.

Car was registered on 31st March.

My cooling off period ends 19th April so they won't deliver before this.

MDB

Apr 2, 2019
They're all done online now aren't they!? :thumbd:

You'd have thought so wouldn't you. Asked but they said they had to post. Clearly this lease co / funder is not in the 21st century yet. I know my last lease was all done online and all really efficient. This just means a job that should be done in a day is now going to drag out over a week. Thank god I'm not overly bothered when I get the car.... oh wait.. :cry:

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Just had a pootle to the shops, I presume it had been to a car wash just before delivery as it was wet, should have dried it, all covered in white spots now :cry:

Attachments

• IMG_20190410_102714__01.jpg
    IMG_20190410_102714__01.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 178

furtive

Feb 19, 2019
Woo! New Car Day.

It's replaced a Golf R. Initial thoughts are that the SEAT feels a bit cheaper inside than the Golf, and some of the interior plastics are just not as good, but it's still a nice place to be.

The steering seems a bit lighter, and the artificial engine noise is nowhere near as obtrusive as it was in the Golf. I like the wireless phone charging thing, and the boot is much deeper than the Golf as it doesn't have the 4WD stuff taking up room.

The boot opening badge sounds cheap compared to the Golf when you operate it, which is only a really minor thing but something I noticed for some reason.

Hard acceleration off roundabouts is interesting. The steering sort of goes light and you can feel it trying to correct. I guess this is torque steer?
newcarday.jpg

Last edited:

Juro

Dec 5, 2018
Car has been sat at the dealers for 10 days now and still no call to arrange delivery:censored:

Feb 14, 2019
Collected yesterday from dm Kieth York had a nice drive home (80 miles), car is great and much more than I expected but I’m hearing a funny noise when driving. Just looked around my tyres and got a nice big screw in the front right, brilliant!!!

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
New to this forum and my first post. Just found out my Car is being delivered to the dealer first week in May after ordering start of March. Way earlier than the July forecast I was given. Shame I cannot pick it up until July!!! Went for the Cupra Lux in Magnetic Grey and cannot wait to collect it in a couple of months.

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
New to this forum and my first post. Just found out my Car is being delivered to the dealer first week in May after ordering start of March. Way earlier than the July forecast I was given. Shame I cannot pick it up until July!!! Went for the Cupra Lux in Magnetic Grey and cannot wait to collect it in a couple of months.
Is it an ST? It so I will swap you mine that is due in July

Skyscraper120

Feb 13, 2019

Mine due start of May too, 6th to be precise, BW 13

Reactions: Kirky

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Has anyone on here ordered a new car with these options? Probably worth it, for a 38k car, dealership needs to know shortly

I had them thrown at me when i got my GTD few years back. Be worth checking what you can get price wise privately.

The alloy one is PANTS. Ruined my machined alloys as its a 'smart' repair, basically a guy in a van comes round and polishes down surface till the the burr is gone...

GAP you can get for £90-120, smart is up to you really, I used it once in three years of ownership.

Jackx1

Oct 26, 2018
Mine was delivered yesterday, first impressions are really good. I had a mk7 golf GTD before and honestly quality of the interior is very close imo. The main touch points are nice quality materials and the Alcantara seats look and feel amazing. Digital dash is fantastic and completes the cabin. Engine and DSG box are silky smooth, only small complaint is even in cupra mode the exhaust is very quiet, hopefully this will improve with a few miles!

Reactions: bigup, JR19 and bgb

Ben GT

Jan 7, 2015
Everything can be bought separately cheaper. Sometimes worth doing if it’s tied in with finance so it’s on a monthly.

Also can be used to discount the car price more as the packs are where sales people make their commission so often they’d rather discount the car further to get the sale on the pack

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Mine was delivered yesterday, first impressions are really good. I had a mk7 golf GTD before and honestly quality of the interior is very close imo. The main touch points are nice quality materials and the Alcantara seats look and feel amazing. Digital dash is fantastic and completes the cabin. Engine and DSG box are silky smooth, only small complaint is even in cupra mode the exhaust is very quiet, hopefully this will improve with a few miles!

Same flip of cars for me when the bloody thing arrives!

Can't wait for the delivery of power in petrol form again! GTD was a brute don't get me wrong, but boy was it dull in twisty high speed corners!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.