The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Something i noticed with the stop start that is annoying I've not had before on previous seat or skoda - when you break to stop it shuts the engine off then quickly starts it again while your still stopped...never had this before anyone else get this? maybe user error?!

I have the very same happen on my vehicle, so assume that this is normal. I have the pack that includes the traffic jam assist - if you change the infotainment to display 'vehicle' >> 'vehicle status' >> 'start-stop' it will inform you what the stop-start status is. If you watch this screen, it will state something along the lines of 'engine started, vehicle movement detected' (i.e. the cameras/radar have detected that the vehicles in front have moved forward and thus engages the engine to reduce the lag to pull away) - I've noticed that it does this when the vehicle, two forward from me pulls away, so my assumption is that it works off the camera and not radar.

kevlar

Oct 23, 2018
I have the very same happen on my vehicle, so assume that this is normal. I have the pack that includes the traffic jam assist - if you change the infotainment to display 'vehicle' >> 'vehicle status' >> 'start-stop' it will inform you what the stop-start status is. If you watch this screen, it will state something along the lines of 'engine started, vehicle movement detected' (i.e. the cameras/radar have detected that the vehicles in front have moved forward and thus engages the engine to reduce the lag to pull away) - I've noticed that it does this when the vehicle, two forward from me pulls away, so my assumption is that it works off the camera and not radar.
Not just me then! - I dont have the traffic jam assist as i ticked no options though...now i see why so many just switch start stop off in carista...annoying as i dont really mind stop start...ah well!

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Not just me then! - I dont have the traffic jam assist as i ticked no options though...now i see why so many just switch start stop off in carista...annoying as i dont really mind stop start...ah well!

I wasn't sure if this 'feature' is standard, or because I have the traffic jam assist? Perhaps this is normal?

If you select the 'eco' mode in the individual mode settings, then it behaves a bit more like you are used to - significant improvements in fuel economy in stop/start traffic too. Obviously, not why I bought the Cupra, but makes the driving experience much smoother when there is not the option to use the full potential.

futurelogic

Sep 15, 2011
Something i noticed with the stop start that is annoying I've not had before on previous seat or skoda - when you break to stop it shuts the engine off then quickly starts it again while your still stopped...never had this before anyone else get this? maybe user error?!
Mine does this too. Different to the Golf R I had before which wouldn't shut off until stopped, however, the Cupra will shut off before coming to a complete stop. I've noticed it'll restart at the slightest turn of the steering wheel

Reactions: MifSal

kevlar

Oct 23, 2018
I tried putting it in eco in the settings and indeed the stop start experience is a bit more normal - what i find REALLY annoying though is i left it with eco on, started driving and noticed it wanst in eco even though you check the settings and it says eco - you then have to select eco AGAIN to force it to eco again....really annoying!.

Reactions: Neil Francis

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
I tried putting it in eco in the settings and indeed the stop start experience is a bit more normal - what i find REALLY annoying though is i left it with eco on, started driving and noticed it wanst in eco even though you check the settings and it says eco - you then have to select eco AGAIN to force it to eco again....really annoying!.

Yeah selecting the mode on each start is rather annoying tbh, why doesn't it just remember, pet hate with the car. I even got 42mpg driving to work this morning due to 40mph road works, eco mode, which is mad from a car so powerful.

Reactions: MifSal

kevlar

Oct 23, 2018
Yeah selecting the mode on each start is rather annoying tbh, why doesn't it just remember, pet hate with the car. I even got 42mpg driving to work this morning due to 40mph road works, eco mode, which is mad from a car so powerful.

I kind of understand not being in cupra by default, but why would it forget eco as default?! its just odd...pity you cant set a default using carista.

I drive about 16 miles to work and its varied from 38-42mpg cars only done about 500 miles from new as well, which as you said is really good for such a performance car, thats a mix of 30-50 ish stop start on occasion, its mad the cars costing me the same to lease as my 1.4 ateca excellence and does about the same mpg, to be fair thats driving like a granny, but hey he performance is there when needed something the 'old man spec' ateca never had - real jeckyll & hyde motor.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
My 280 if left in Eco always remembers the next day, and you know it is working as you only get the idle revs coasting in that mode.

Stephen Payne

Jan 28, 2019
East Sussex
Picked up my 290 last friday but I'm struggling to get high beam assist working. Following the instructions as per the manual but can't get the A inside the main beam symbol.

Any ideas?

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Picked up my 290 last friday but I'm struggling to get high beam assist working. Following the instructions as per the manual but can't get the A inside the main beam symbol.

Any ideas?

Unless you've added the driving pack or whatever its called, i don't presume its on the car?

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
I thought on the new copra's there were no options, it was either a lux/non lux or sunroof etc?

2 options only for the new cupra 290's, Driving Assistance & Safety Pack, and also the Electric sunroof, highbeam assist is not standard as mentioned above you needed to of added DA&S pack

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
So what do you get with those packs?

Main items are active cruise, KESSY, Leather, wireless charging and winter pack:yes:

SORRY- miss-read the question, attached image shows what we get in the LUX in the yellow highlighted column, solid black square means included :)
options.JPG

The option you are after is just that, one of the optional 'packs' (of which there are 2 i believe for CUPRA)

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
So what do you get with those packs?

The pack gives you;

Adaptive Cruise Control (if its a non Lux model)
Automatic Coming/Leaving Home Lights
Forward Collision Warning
High Beam Assist
Lane Assist
Rear Seat Belt Reminder
Traffic Sign Recognition
Tiredness Recognition

Stephen Payne

Jan 28, 2019
East Sussex
The pack gives you;

Adaptive Cruise Control (if its a non Lux model)
Automatic Coming/Leaving Home Lights
Forward Collision Warning
High Beam Assist
Lane Assist
Rear Seat Belt Reminder
Traffic Sign Recognition
Tiredness Recognition

So I have the following fromfrom I can gather in testing the car.

Auto coming home/leaving lights
Forward collision
Traffic sign recognize (show the sign using sat nav)
Tiredness recognize

Last edited:

Deluxe

Jul 25, 2017
My brand new Copra with res delete from the car dealer

How can I see the miles? I havent found the function yet, it only shows the trip.

Attachments

• IMG_20190411_234608_208.jpg
    IMG_20190411_234608_208.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 192
Reactions: TheLuckys
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.