Buying a mk3 Leon 2.0 tdi 184 for the misses

MOE16V

May 17, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Hi guys

I am thinking of upgrading my wifes car and possibly getting a leon fr 184. just want to get any thoughts on the 2.0 diesel or any other variants from other owners?

I tend to remap all my cars, anyone have experience of mapping these engines?

At the moment im deciding between the leon, audi a1 tfsi 185bhp, bmw 120d or can anybody ele recommend anything else.

I have come from owning a fare few fast cars Audi S3, S4, 335d, M3 so the car im looking for although my wife will be main driver ill be driving it 2 or 3 times a week.

so any opinion guys

many thanks

Owen83

Feb 9, 2018
I'd steer well clear of Audi A1.... Hateful little bag of Crap.... (My experience of course) Not driven a Leon diesel, as I have the EcoTsi so can't comment on that engine, but i'm happy enough with mine for what it does. Its better built than the Merc A200d AMG line it replaced. Teh M140i are dirt cheap on PCP due to new 1 series coming out soon

MOE16V

May 17, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
I use to own a Leon 2.0 tdi 140 some time ago and enjoyed owning that car which is why I thought of the 184 version as my misses does a lot of driving for work so wanted something with tech cheap to run and quick

salsajoe

Apr 12, 2017
Yorkshire
I agree steer clear of the A1 it is too small for a lot of driving. The LEON is comfortable, reasonable size. well equipped but needs the convenience pack and has reasonable performance but not of the order you have been used to. Quite a few remaps around if you want the extra power.

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Can't really complain about anything on the 184. Just a good car I would say. Definitely look out for one with DCC. Only my 2nd car so can't really compare to anything else out there but yea.. I'd buy again

Dr_Pepper

Mar 27, 2019
I had the Octavia vrs which is the same 185 diesel engine and it was absolutely superb

Laurbach

Jan 22, 2019
I have a leon tdi 184 now, although it's being swapped next week. Had it for 3 years and it's been amazing. It's had all the rattles that makes it a Seat but the way it goes makes up for it. For a diesel it revs extremely well and it keeps pulling as the revs goes up. And it's never done less than 500 miles on a full tank.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise