• With

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Without

Votes: 39 63.9%

• Total voters

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Tomorrow the 290 goes in for a res delete which a lot of new owners are desperate to try but there are not many videos around to showcase the mod with the new GPF fitted.
Here is a link to the standard exhaust I posted on YouTube. Res delete to follow tomorrow (Zaustworx pipe)
&

Reactions: bgb and bigup

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
How many miles has you car done? This will also effect the sound too.

Looking forward to hearing the zaustworx :)

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
The exhaust to me already sounds better then I expected. But I’m going from an oil burning 5k reviving GTD :D

Zaustworx will be interesting due to price point on a two year lease ;)

Reactions: bigup and GordonMcC

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
Zaustworx got back to me £85 fitted on a 2019 290 cupra. They don't open Saturdays which is a bummer and booked up until June! but they said its a quick job so can fit it in between other big jobs.

May just buy and get it fitted locally

You can refit res back on after the 2 years (which is what il be doing)

Car arrives 23rd April so this will be the first mod lol

Reactions: bgb

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Zaustworx got back to me £85 fitted on a 2019 290 cupra. They don't open Saturdays which is a bummer and booked up until June! but they said its a quick job so can fit it in between other big jobs.

May just buy and get it fitted locally

You can refit res back on after the 2 years (which is what il be doing)

Car arrives 23rd April so this will be the first mod lol

I'm the same I have 18 months left with mine, I honestly doubt they would even know if it was left without the res but better safe than sorry!

Reactions: bigup

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
RES DELETE DONE!!

first impressions is a deeper tone and a fair bit more popping, no DSG crack as yet but the garage said it will get better(louder) through time.
videos later on.

i think like anything it needs time to bed in

he did comment on the quality of the part from Zaustworx and how easy it fitted, he had to heat one end to expand it slightly but said the fit was tight (in a good way)

Reactions: bigup and bgb

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Video of Res delete,

maybe not notice it as much as in person but definitely more pronounced pops
still early days but absolutely no droning at all. I think this where the GPF is helping.

the DSG farts are much louder, no cracks like the 300 but dare i say it more mature?

Last edited:

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
Sounds good gordon,might have to get this done myself! That zaustworks part is crazy cheap

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
How it it for drone on motorways etc?

Im thinking of doing this to my 290 - The exhaust is pretty disappointing

Ive got a clubsport S and bloody love the exhaust on that but the cupra doesn't sound that good really.

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
Thanks I’ll get one

Seen the vagparts one and a zaustwerks one for a lot less

Can’t see there being much difference in them?

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
How it it for drone on motorways etc?

Im thinking of doing this to my 290 - The exhaust is pretty disappointing

Ive got a clubsport S and bloody love the exhaust on that but the cupra doesn't sound that good really.

no drone at all. Small change that makes a huge difference, not asbo loud but loud enough to make people look. the Vagsport item seems to be Mandrel bent etc but unless your are putting out big power then there is no need, save the cash and put it in the fuel tank

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
Cheers I’m going to get one thanks

Strange how bagsport do 3 types for the 290 where zaustwerks just do one type?

Yeah I noticed the zaustwerks one wasn’t mandrel bent and looks to be mild steel instead of stainless

I won’t be remapping it as I’m worried about clutch slippage so don’t know if the exhaust diameter at the bend will make a lot of difference?

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Cheers I’m going to get one thanks

Strange how bagsport do 3 types for the 290 where zaustwerks just do one type?

Yeah I noticed the zaustwerks one wasn’t mandrel bent and looks to be mild steel instead of stainless

I won’t be remapping it as I’m worried about clutch slippage so don’t know if the exhaust diameter at the bend will make a lot of difference?

Zaustworx do have a two pipes, one for the new 290 and one for the old 290. when i got it last week it was the last one on Ebay, give them a call

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire

Zaustworxs one is mandrel bent just depends how. It’s defo stainless steel.

ba742ba80ea67fc55d0464ea883794b7.jpg

Vagsport one on left, zaustworxs on the right. Bare in mind I’ve cleaned the vagsport one up with scotchbrite. Weirdly enough the so called CNC formed vagsport one has dents in it from the manufacturing process. As I’ve said before best bang for buck is the zaustworxs one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk