1.4fr dsg remap

ob1238

Dec 14, 2018
Hi everyone

I remapped my car a few weeks ago and when I put the boot down I get a 1-second delay, just wondered if anyone has the same issue or what might be the issue.

cheers

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
This engine is massively dependent on the turbo so to minimise lag, you need to keep engine revs up above say 2.5K. I know Revo Stage 1 does not boost more aggressively to increase response or noticeably reduce lag. It does increase torque slightly which makes for better tall gear overtaking/acceleration, but it's not significant unless you use performance mode 2 (also requires super unleaded).

If you also drive a normally aspirated petrol engined car, this will be quite frustrating. But change your driving style to counter the effects of lag, you can make more progress! For instance I'm quite often asking for around 50% power say a second before I need it and as I'm about to straighten the steering so the power is being delivered at the right time. Be very careful doing this; you must have excellent observation skills, this can be dangerous.

This is the price to pay for an economical engine with some sprite once the turbo has finally spun up. Whilst it can aggravate at times (2nd gear rolling up to roundabouts), I haven't had running costs this low since my PD150 engined MK1 Cupra.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise