1.8t AUQ AFR Install.

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
Hey peeps. I have a 2002 Leon 1.8t AUQ. I've recently found out that the car comes with a Bosch LSU4.2 Wideband 02 Sensor which is used in most kits these days.

My question is can I just buy an AFR gauge and hook it up to my stock wideband?

I've been reading around trying to get solid information but some people say it will be inaccurate because tapping it will put extra load on it which could give false readings.

Other people say that this is the exact same wideband that they use in most afr wideband kits so I'm a little confused.

I have a 3" decat and secondary 02 sensor delete so I do have a spare bung for a second wideband. It just seems like a big waste of money for an identical wideband 02 sensor when my car comes with one as stock.

Thanks in advance.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Hey peeps. I have a 2002 Leon 1.8t AUQ. I've recently found out that the car comes with a Bosch LSU4.2 Wideband 02 Sensor which is used in most kits these days.

My question is can I just buy an AFR gauge and hook it up to my stock wideband?

I've been reading around trying to get solid information but some people say it will be inaccurate because tapping it will put extra load on it which could give false readings.

Other people say that this is the exact same wideband that they use in most afr wideband kits so I'm a little confused.

I have a 3" decat and secondary 02 sensor delete so I do have a spare bung for a second wideband. It just seems like a big waste of money for an identical wideband 02 sensor when my car comes with one as stock.

Thanks in advance.
No. You will need to leave that alone and install a bung nearest to the manifold of the downpipe for best results.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
So just to clarify. The stock wideband isn't accurate enough to run an afr gauge and the bung for the secondary 02 sensor is too far back to be accurate as well?

I guess I'll just have to do without for now then, but thanks for the advice, so in future if I plan to run a wideband I need a bung as far forward on the downpipe as possible, right off the turbo?

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
So just to clarify. The stock wideband isn't accurate enough to run an afr gauge and the bung for the secondary 02 sensor is too far back to be accurate as well?

I guess I'll just have to do without for now then, but thanks for the advice, so in future if I plan to run a wideband I need a bung as far forward on the downpipe as possible, right off the turbo?
The stock one in place now needs to be left alone/used for ECU.
Secondary sensor for your afr gauge needs to be as close to the exit on the downpipe as possible...most go on the bend rather than down a bit. Yes you can use a stock sensor to run the afr gauge but it has to be separate.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members