370mm Brembo Brakes and 18 Inch Wheels

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Hi All

Im looking for advice please.

Does anybody know if the upgraded 370mm Performance Pack Brembos will fit under 18 inch wheels?

If so, any particular wheels?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Well I have 18” wheels on a FR DSG which comes with 370mm as standard on the front wheels and have just put on the Brembos you can get from Euro Car Parts

SEAT Leon 184 FR DSG Technology 65 plate
DTUK tuned to 240

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
I’m no expert or mechanic but if you currently have different size brakes your callipers might need changing aswell?

Can anyone clarify that?

DTUK tuned to 240

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Well I have 18” wheels on a FR DSG which comes with 370mm as standard on the front wheels and have just put on the Brembos you can get from Euro Car Parts

DTUK tuned to 240
Sorry Zack, the FR doesn’t come with 370mm as standard. 270mm maybe?

Edit:
Standard Cupra 340mm
FR 180: 321mm
FR 150: 289mm

Hi All

Does anybody know if the upgraded 370mm Performance Pack Brembos will fit under 18 inch wheels?

Thanks

Someone else posted with a carbon edition. I believe OZ Ultraleggeras will fit but with a less than 5mm gap on the 4 pot calipers. So spacers are advised. So not legal for the person in question who I think was in Croatia with stricter laws on modifying vehicles.

I also think that the Team Dynamics Pro Race wheels clear. Although you may want to look at the Racingline branded ones for between offset/caliper clearance.

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Apologies I was being stupid, I have 312mm not 370mm.....ignore me...

DTUK tuned to 240

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Sorry Zack, the FR doesn’t come with 370mm as standard. 270mm maybe?

Edit:
Standard Cupra 340mm
FR 180: 321mm
FR 150: 289mm

Someone else posted with a carbon edition. I believe OZ Ultraleggeras will fit but with a less than 5mm gap on the 4 pot calipers. So spacers are advised. So not legal for the person in question who I think was in Croatia with stricter laws on modifying vehicles.

I also think that the Team Dynamics Pro Race wheels clear. Although you may want to look at the Racingline branded ones for between offset/caliper clearance.

Awesome. Thanks @damoH

ps13sr20

Aug 28, 2016
They will fit with ATS GTR wheels, its tight but they will go. Suspect it will also work with a Team Dynamic prorace 1.2 or 1.3 as they have massive amounts of clearance (I've seen people running a 360mm rotor on 17s and 378mm on a 18s however with package optimised motorsport calipers).

I've also checked 370mm rotor with an F40/50 Brembo caliper on my 18" Braid motorsport wheels and they fit again albeit its tight (that said satisfies min clearance requirements from AP, Brembo and Alcon). not tried the Braids with the Sub8/RS Brembo.

Reactions: Damo H

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
Hi All

Thanks

Hello,
i sourced this pictures from local forum here in Croatia. It’s cupra 300 4drive with 370mm brembos. Wheels are oz ultraleggera with et45. It’s really tight as you can see but it works. The owner barely passed the registration because tuv states the wheels are not suitable because of the brake size but he passed somehow.
7a4270f1936a1a424c2e2bc57e506c4d.jpg

5013d92d9eef7a00c40edc0634f05b8b.jpg

36366de830493df69bac09bd52fe2c08.jpg

Additional photo of the same setup I found.
9fc3a4ecb5706367e486741616876d18.jpg

Reactions: wms_F1

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for all the replies.

Those Oz Ultraleggeras are nice, but talk about tight fit!

Carbonara

Aug 19, 2018
TD ProRace 1.2 8x18 will fit fronts at ET40 with similar gap. ET45 is too close (touching calipers even) so 3mm spacer required to make ET42. You can order from TD at this offset for a premium. Back wheels aren't a problem.

My summers are back on (now with PS4s) so can't take a pic to show the gap.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
TD ProRace 1.2 8x18 will fit fronts at ET40 with similar gap. ET45 is too close (touching calipers even) so 3mm spacer required to make ET42. You can order from TD at this offset for a premium. Back wheels aren't a problem.

My summers are back on (now with PS4s) so can't take a pic to show the gap.
Out of interest, which gives the better gap, ET40 or ET 45 with a 5mm spacer?

Before anyone comments about it being the same, the taper of the spokes will be different.

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Before falling in love with the Ultraleggeras I would point out that,at Demon Tweaks prices,they are £1310 a set,whereas the TD Prorace are £690.

I may also try to get a definitive answer on whether the even cheaper Wolfrace Pro- lite (£480) will fit over 370mm brakes...they are a lightweight design with competition in mind so you would imagine they would be made with as much brake clearance as possible.

Reactions: wms_F1

Carbonara

Aug 19, 2018
Out of interest, which gives the better gap, ET40 or ET 45 with a 5mm spacer?

Before anyone comments about it being the same, the taper of the spokes will be different.
I held my breath trying to think of a correct answer, but nearly died...:) I'd be interested in what the answer is as I just assumed the offset would affect the mounting face.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I held my breath trying to think of a correct answer, but nearly died...:) I'd be interested in what the answer is as I just assumed the offset would affect the mounting face.
No, otherwise you’d need longer bolts, they’d curve differently, but the spokes maybe thicker to help with the strength.

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Slight diversion from topic,but I have a related query that's bothering me.
It's regarding offset.

So routinely it seems many go for greater offset (lower ET number) to either clear brakes or just to give what they think is a better "look" with the wheels further out,obviously you can achieve the same with wheel spacers.

How far can you go with this?

It's a given that you can't go beyond the physical limit where the tyres rub the bodywork,but what about before you reach this?

Say you have 15mm more offset than standard,this will affect the suspension geometry.From what I've read some give dire warnings that you will get tramlining,instability at speed on a bumpy road,perhaps greater grip at first but a danger of sudden breakaway...and even the statement that in the event of an accident your insurance is invalid.

What do we think?

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
If you look at the various moving parts & joints as someone turns the steering wheel you can get a quick feel for what occurs.

You're probably aware that a wheel can be thought of as a point mass at its centre of gravity. That is what is affecting those joints etc.

Now, imagine moving the weight (mass) that's the wheel to a new place. You're no longer loading things as designed.

Here's a link about spacers but the same issues are involved for thee same reasons http://suspensionsecrets.co.uk/why-you-should-not-fit-wheels-spacers/?i=2

You always have to inform an insurer (in UK, probably other places) if you make a modification. It's vital to do it in the UK (well, England and Wales, don't know about Scotland) as there is strict liability. In effect the insurer can void the cover if you fail to do so because you would have broken the contract.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.