Leon mk1 leaking water in boot

Apr 14, 2019
Hi guys, does anybody have the similar problem with leaking water in boot from weld place which is coating with factory silicone. This silicone in my case is a lil bit cracked and water leaking from this place into boot.
I believe that someone asked this queston a time before, but I didnt found.

Tnx.

Attachments

• c2e9f41a-0849-4223-9cf5-fe7faf28a25c.jpg
    c2e9f41a-0849-4223-9cf5-fe7faf28a25c.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 737
Apr 14, 2019
What sealant you are use?
Its all about bad quality factory silicone which is on the same way because of age cracked out. I think there are more such places on the car that needs resealing. I also have problems with the water under the carpet on driver and passenger side.

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
I used U-pol Tiger Seal Polyurethane Adhesive Sealant. It seemed to do the job OK. I think there are more "professional" car sealants out there, but I don't think it matters too much when just repairing a very small crack.

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
If the crack is very small then something like Captain Tolleys is a well respected liquid sealant that runs and creeps into the crack. Developed for boats! For larger splits any decent sealant will do, I've used CT1 which you can get at most DIY or builders it is a sealant and adhesive that stays fairly flexible.

Apr 14, 2019
If the crack is very small then something like Captain Tolleys is a well respected liquid sealant that runs and creeps into the crack. Developed for boats! For larger splits any decent sealant will do, I've used CT1 which you can get at most DIY or builders it is a sealant and adhesive that stays fairly flexible.
Ok, great. Tnx for this info. I'll try.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members