Cupra_Chris' Leon Cupra v2

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
I've been a bit inactive for a little while, however I did decide it was time to go stage 2+. I just couldn't help myself. Stage 1 was brilliant and a massive improvement over stock but I just wanted more. So I started planning it out a couple of weeks ago and I'm nearing the end of my plan. So far I've done: milltek sports cat downpipe, forge Fmic, autotech hpfp internals, brake fluid change alongside drilled and grooved discs and yellow stuff pads (I don't track the car or drive like a boy racer so didn't need uprated calipers just yet), a neuspeed lower engine mount insert, and Revo stage 2+ remap. While I was having the remap done I decided it was a good time to get a decoke done too. It was quite clogged but not as bad as some I've seen (pretty pleased considering it's done 77k!) all I've got left to do now is my eibach sport lines and some spacers the I am golden.

Safe to say I am incredibly happy with how it has turned out and I'm in no way disappointed with stage 2+ !

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Oh and changed to millers 5w40 nanotech nt+ just because it deserves it ;)

Yup. The more expensive the oil, the more you love your car. Stage 2+ is awesome. You need to get a wavetrac next. Lol.

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
Yup. The more expensive the oil, the more you love your car. Stage 2+ is awesome. You need to get a wavetrac next. Lol.
My car is part of the family ;) it's like feeding it!

Please don't start with more suggestions! I was reading through your 2+ post a little while back and that sold me on doing it!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
My car is part of the family ;) it's like feeding it!

Please don't start with more suggestions! I was reading through your 2+ post a little while back and that sold me on doing it!
You may aswell do it lol its a natural progression haha

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Haha thanks so much for the wise words. You guys are the worst :roflmao:
It's all about safety! The lsd gives you better traction and grip under power so it's all about keeping people safe.

I should be a salesman

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

And was I right? Don't worry about the wavetrac. It's only the best upgrade I've ever done. That 370bhp straight to the floor with no wheelspin or traction control. Your not missing anything.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
And was I right? Don't worry about the wavetrac. It's only the best upgrade I've ever done. That 370bhp straight to the floor with no wheelspin or traction control. Your not missing anything.
You're pure evil haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You're pure evil haha

I'm not sure if it's cause I haven't taken it out in a while or cause I've been driving SL2. But there's a couple of times today I put my foot down and nearly needed autoglym leather cleaner.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Jairm88

Mar 1, 2010

+1 for Wavetrac..... get it bought!!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Not sure if this is funny. But pulled up at the lights today next to an Audi S7. 444bhp 4L V8 twin turbo with adaptive 4wd. Lights changed to green as I pootled away and he shot off like a rocket up to about 80mph (limit is 40). He got stuck at the next lights with me and strangely didn't seem keen on racing after seeing the sign at the end of the road for the two new vulture speed cameras he'd just gone through.

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
Not sure if this is funny. But pulled up at the lights today next to an Audi S7. 444bhp 4L V8 twin turbo with adaptive 4wd. Lights changed to green as I pootled away and he shot off like a rocket up to about 80mph (limit is 40). He got stuck at the next lights with me and strangely didn't seem keen on racing after seeing the sign at the end of the road for the two new vulture speed cameras he'd just gone through.
It is funny, I love moments like this! Makes my day haha

Reactions: Legojon

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
I'm thinking about a water meth kit but want to get a bit more info, I'm not looking for just higher power figures. I was more intrigued by the lower temps and lower risk of detonation. Just wondering what others had found was the best setup and how it runs?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm thinking about a water meth kit but want to get a bit more info, I'm not looking for just higher power figures. I was more intrigued by the lower temps and lower risk of detonation. Just wondering what others had found was the best setup and how it runs?

I also wanted to do this. But got talked out of it by the garage. They basically said they'd seen some of the kits get stuck open and fill the combustion chamber with meth instead of fuel. You can imagine what happens when you light that! If it's a track car aiming for more power. I'd vote yes. A daily driver you rely on I'd vote no. Plus, if Revo thought it was worthwhile, it'd be on the upgrade list. I'm happy with the aftermarket intercooler for helping keep temps down.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.