The “where the bleeding hell is my Cupra ST I ordered months ago” thread

Ben GT

Jan 7, 2015
As suggested in the ‘who’s ordered a Cupra’ thread, a place for those of us with an ST on order to rant.

I ordered an ST Lux with pano roof in January for April delivery. In April I was told my car was due to be delivered first week of July, this has now been moved to end of July.

I’m at the point now I’m checking everyday for something different that may be available sooner.

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Oh that suxs, I just hope my ST stays on schedule and is built next week as planned

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Ordered a Magnetic Grey Lux ST with Pano Roof and Driver assistance pack on 23rd Feb.

Was told 22-24 weeks eta , but 8 weeks in and still not got any news or update from the dealer.

Last I heard from dealer last week was that is ‘in limbo land’ and ‘should’ get a build week soon.

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
You can call SEAT UK and ask for your current status ie expected build week, actual build week etc so long as you have the order number from your broker/dealer.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I will try and get the required number from my dealer next week.

Re the Cupra ST, I have noticed this last 2 weeks that auto-trader (on my twice daily search) has started to show a few brand new Cupra ST’s for sale.
Sadly they are all standard non-Lux versions and none have a sunroof.

I think in the past 4 months I have been looking I haven’t seen a single new ST with a sunroof for sale, and only one used model - but it was too old (17) with too many miles and not spec’d high enough for me to consider it.

Is there a shortage of the sunroof and/or parts for these ST’s or something??

Also according to my dealer when I enquired about the Cupra R ST just over a week ago (thinking I may be able to change my order & get one of these sooner), the first batch of 25 are being built for the UK ready for June delivery, but non of these with have a sunroof and all will be Black.
This was Seat Ashford so, how accurate it is don’t know as there aren’t an approved Cupra dealer apparently.

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
Joining this group as I am in the same boat. When will I ever see my Magnetic grey ST Lux??

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Typical a further update to my post above, 5 new Cupra ST’s have been added to autotrader today by Seat Letchworth.

2 of them have a Pano Sunroof.

Nether are Lux, but one does have Adaptive cruise and Driver assistance, but sadly it’s Black (my least favourite choice) and it’s £3.5k more than the Lux (with Pano and Driver assistance) I’ve ordered.

Ben GT

Jan 7, 2015
Typical a further update to my post above, 5 new Cupra ST’s have been added to autotrader today by Seat Letchworth.

2 of them have a Pano Sunroof.

Nether are Lux, but one does have Adaptive cruise and Driver assistance, but sadly it’s Black (my least favourite choice) and it’s £3.5k more than the Lux (with Pano and Driver assistance) I’ve ordered.

What is it that gives the black one the reversing camera?

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I don’t know that’s the first one I’ve seen with a camera.
A camera also isn’t listed as an accessory or part of any pack I have seen in the brochures or price lists.

A reversing camera is going to be a day 2 upgrade for me when I eventually get my car.
Day one will be a front splitter !!!

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
The one with the additional options that are currently unavailable to order on new vehicles, may have been a cancelled order that was placed in 2018. There were a limited number of Cupra STs that were built as MY2019, but had their original 2018 specs honoured - mine was one of those.

With respect to the reversing camera, I’m hugely disappointed - when wet or gritters have been out, it’s virtually impossible to use without stopping the car and wiping it clear before reversing. The camera is mounted low down with the rear licence plate lights, which doesn’t help with the accumulation of dirt/spray.

st300

Apr 5, 2019
Hey, new to the forum, been a reader for a while.
In the same boat ordered a Mag Grey Cupra ST Lux with driver assist pack. Ordered beginning of April from dealer, not heard a word from them since, even after a number of requests for estimated lead time expected build week. Dealer originally said July, but from other posters on here, looks like I'll be lucky to be before October!

Frustrating Seat can't be more transparent about lead times and delays!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
With respect to the reversing camera, I’m hugely disappointed - when wet or gritters have been out, it’s virtually impossible to use without stopping the car and wiping it clear before reversing. The camera is mounted low down with the rear licence plate lights, which doesn’t help with the accumulation of dirt/spray.

You and me both. The resolution is also lower than I expected. Then there's the static guides.

Wasn't worth the extra for me over the sensors and optical aid.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: black_sheep

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Got email from my dealer this morning, my car is already built and waiting to be shipped this week :) One week early

Pyrogena

Apr 14, 2019
Joining too. Ordered ST Cupra (non Lux) 7th Feb in Mystery Blue. Zero info from dealer, just emails with "no news yet!" Got call from Seat about 3 weeks ago apologising for delay and saying "soon". Chased direct to Seat last week and was told poss mid May build, poss sooner.

I'm going into weekly calls soon as I'm just not getting any real solid answers. Also as above, starting to see new ST Cupra available at dealers...

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
What is the number that you need to be able to call Seat directly and get an update ?
Is it an SLI number ??

All I have from my dealer is a 6 digit ‘order number’ that must be just a dealer specific thing .

Pyrogena

Apr 14, 2019
As if by magic I got a call this afternoon from Seat - build week 20 confirmed (13th May) and approx 5 weeks from then until delivery, poss sooner (etc etc)...Calling me again on 13th to confirm is indeed being built!

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
As if by magic I got a call this afternoon from Seat - build week 20 confirmed (13th May) and approx 5 weeks from then until delivery, poss sooner (etc etc)...Calling me again on 13th to confirm is indeed being built!
That’s great news to finally get something concrete.

With some very rough fag packet maths, as I ordered mine 2 weeks after you I could get a build week of 22 (end of May) and then looking at 6-8weeks after that for delivery.... puts me slap bang where I don’t want to be....at the start of August. At that point I’d be crazy to take it with a new Reg out in 4 weeks !!!!

Hmmm, we shall see

Reactions: Pyrogena

Ben GT

Jan 7, 2015
I’m BW23 ordered January. Delivery end of July, tempted myself to wait for 69 plate

Mar 14, 2019
Hello I am new to the forum, and its my first post. I ordered a cupra ST Lux with pano roof 1st March , and based on what I have read will ring Seat UK again this week for an order update.I did ring in March and was told the order had been noted/ "stacked" but no movement was expected with it until June. I asked whether the factory was on a months holiday shutdown in August and Seat UK did confirm that this was the case.Therefore, my expectation is that I will get it delivered either during July or it would be September instead (in which case awaiting the new reg would be more sensible).Will post whatever reply I get from Seat this week

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members