Rear Bumper Skirt Removal

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Anyone removed their rear bumper skirt by any chance?
It seems to be clipped in bloody well and just wondered if anyone had any pointers on how best to unclip it as my thumbs are killing me and i've not managed to unclip a single one yet. :lol:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
cheers, that just shows how to get the bumper off though, need ot take the black plastic bit off the bottom of it as I've bought a replacement bumper but it's off a 1.4 and so it doesn't have the arched bit for the exhaust that i need for my 1.6tdi.

Apr 28, 2012
gravesend
i also have the 1.6tdi model mk5 5 door i bought the sporty looking rear bumper and i got a garage to take the old one off and put new one on.. doesnt seem to be welded on definately clips as the old bumper is still pristine

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
cheers, that just shows how to get the bumper off though, need ot take the black plastic bit off the bottom of it as I've bought a replacement bumper but it's off a 1.4 and so it doesn't have the arched bit for the exhaust that i need for my 1.6tdi.

I have a word doc that was created from ELSAWIN that shows how to strip the rear FR bumper in to bits.
PM me your e-mail and i can send it across if you need it

May 19, 2011
when i had to replace my rear bumper i removed some parts off the old one like reflectors etc. You are right they are well and truely fixed in well as ive recently found out with the grill. Not ideal but taking the bumper off will make it less frustrating, i would also recommend a trim removal kit like found on ebay, saves your hand and fingers and less likely to damage anything

Jay

SaracenUK

Aug 28, 2010
I have a word doc that was created from ELSAWIN that shows how to strip the rear FR bumper in to bits.
PM me your e-mail and i can send it across if you need it

@DEAN0 , dont suppose you still have that doc regarding stripping down the FR rear bumper ?
I've PM'd you my email add just in case.

Last edited:

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
@DEAN0 , dont suppose you still have that doc regarding stripping down the FR rear bumper ?
I've PM'd you my email add just in case.

You remove the tail lights, fasteners underneath the bumper and at the back of the wheel arch.

Here's the breakdown

E63-10075.png

SaracenUK

Aug 28, 2010
Cheers guys,
needed to see how the lower diffuser is held in place after the missus managed to pop it out somewhat after reversing in to my car :no:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members