Remap

Feb 9, 2019
Hi guys, has anyone used SA Tunings hand set or maps? I’m thinking about a remap for my Cupra 290 and like the idea of being able to remove it if I choose to. Thanks.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
We have launched our remote tuning!

Yes its similar, its a small touch screen device that enables you to flash your car at home. Back to stock, or read codes. We tune these MQB Daily, you should be expecting circa 370hp from our stage 1 tuning on your Cupra.

Our stage 1 or 2 tuning included the flash device is £499.99 all inclusive posted out to yourself.

If you are going stage 1, then later upgrade to stage 2 we can send you out your new file to upgrade the car for a reduced cost as you are already stage 1 and have the device!

Thanks

Samuel @ SGR

Thanks for the feedback theporter
Andy

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Basically they are offering the same devices that other tuners are already offering.

COBB for example who tuned my Porsche, they offer an "exclusive" device, which is the same device many other tuners offer but with their logo stuck onto it. Its just a slave tuning device.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I'm guessing Bluefin aren't recommended for stage 1 due to the lack of recommendations here?

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
I'm guessing Bluefin aren't recommended for stage 1 due to the lack of recommendations here?
That's unusual. Wonder why.
Same as on the Megane RS forums where I came from they all prefer one of two tuners and no one like the bluefin.

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
I loved the bluefin i had on my st I just love the idea that you can revert back to stock if needed,the dreamscience was even better with it having 5 lives so you could sell it on easily

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Info is superb only correction to make is the Turbo Muffler part:

"Turbo Muffler - this is a part that 'muffles' more of the noise of the air flow, whilst allowing some of the air to escape through some cut aways before it gets to the turbo. This also reduces in size before getting to the turbo."

This is after the turbo and exists on the compressor outlet not the inlet side :)
Cheers!! I've amended the original post :)

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Y es I liked it.
The dreamscience was another thing.
However knowing my luck I bought one.
No Lives and still linked to a previous car.
£200 off ebay.
He would not give me the money back. Eventually managed to persuade PayPal to refund it.
They did not understand the product and thought
A it was a downloaded programme.
B I was a scammer.

Reactions: Theporter

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
What do you guys think of a gfb dv+ blow off valve

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I had the GFB DV+ but it wasnt a "blow off valve" it was just a stronger DV that the OEM one. Noise wasnt any louder than OEM.

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Just to chime in, didn't think it was worth making a thread for - just spoke to Admiral about changes to my policy for mods in the future and found they had some interesting quirks.

For clarification I'm 22, license for 1.5 years and my Cupra 280 cost me £1000 for the year.

Lil bits like my wind deflectors, no impact on premium. Nice. Catback exhaust, only £17 or so more per year. Real nice surprise that one. Engine remap, turboback exhaust, bodykit, the whole shebang, only £80 ish, amazing!

Except, any engine remap over 25% increase in power is an instant decline.
So is air intake modification! 'Too much potential power' Even a filter change!!!! HAHA!

I guess I'm no longer aiming for 400bhp, at least not until I change provider next year.

Reactions: JCM27

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Yeah I had a quote for my R as stock which came in at like £500ish, but add on the full R600 intake, it went up to £11k...that's not a typo. £11,000. I did not take that policy out.

Reactions: Kothaex

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Yeah I had a quote for my R as stock which came in at like £500ish, but add on the full R600 intake, it went up to £11k...that's not a typo. £11,000. I did not take that policy out.
When I was looking at buying the 280, I also looked at quotes on compare the market declaring it fully kitted out with every possible modification I could think of, some mainstream insurer wanted to charge me £5 LESS! I wouldn't have thought their profile of me made me that sensible!

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Was cheaper to insure my Cupra as a Stage 2 car than it was a stock car with Adrian Flux.

Just read your signature, you got a Cupra 280 to 420BHP with stage 2? I'm guessing you'd rate APR then? :D

I was expecting 380ish at stage 2, but was going to try my hardest to push it to 400 for the bragging rights (and so I can get a little 400 badge to stick on the back)

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
The original Stage 2 file made 396bhp on VRS Performance rollers, we then added muffler delete, GFB DB+ and the updated APR file at it ran 416bhp

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
We have launched our remote tuning!

Yes its similar, its a small touch screen device that enables you to flash your car at home. Back to stock, or read codes. We tune these MQB Daily, you should be expecting circa 370hp from our stage 1 tuning on your Cupra.

Our stage 1 or 2 tuning included the flash device is £499.99 all inclusive posted out to yourself.

If you are going stage 1, then later upgrade to stage 2 we can send you out your new file to upgrade the car for a reduced cost as you are already stage 1 and have the device!

Thanks

Samuel @ SGR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this reliable tho ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members