Cupra aircon

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
Never use my aircon until yesterday but it never got cold is there any tips or like a plasma TV does it need a regass ;)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Never use my aircon until yesterday but it never got cold is there any tips or like a plasma TV does it need a regass ;)?

Leave it on for a bit, if you haven't used it for a while it can take some time before it gets cold.
If that still doesn't work it may need a refill.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I was told that not using aircon for lengthy periods of time is bad for the system. Someone who uses it all the time is likely to need to have it regassed less often than someone who say only uses it in summer.

Not saying that’s right, just what I was told when getting my wife’s 2nd hand mini regassed. She had that car for nearly 5 years and never had it gassed again after the first time.

I always have it turned on and I’ve never had air con regassed in my cars.

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
Just left it running for a good 10 mins but still running warm I must admit I have never had a car regassed before there's an offer on groupon Parkside garage Bolton £36 or buy my own cannaster

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
I have a 66 plate FR and mine packed up last week. It's never switched off so I'm hoping it just needs a refill, if not I'm hoping whatevers wrong is covered by the warranty.

Reactions: Boroboy

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Just left it running for a good 10 mins but still running warm I must admit I have never had a car regassed before there's an offer on groupon Parkside garage Bolton £36 or buy my own cannaster

It could take longer depending on how long it wasn't used. I had an old BMW that hadn't been driven for more than a year and it took multiple long trips with the aircon on high before it finally got properly cold.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
Is it a warranty claim as i have only had it since no ember 2017 model

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
The refrigerant that is used contains a lubricant, which helps prevent the seals from drying out, and a UV dye to assist locating leaks.

If the air con is not working, then it’s likely there is a leak in the system. Common causes are: seal dried out, failed weld (vibration/fatigue the root cause) or a stone/debris that punctures the condenser. Unless you can prove that the weld or component like the compressor has failed, then it will be very difficult (but not impossible) for a warranty claim - unless you can prove that it hasn’t worked since point of purchase.

With regards to can vs a/c recharge, any decent place should be removing the refrigerant (and subsequently weighing it to establish any losses) - if there is a significant loss then investigate where leaks are present. If no leaks, then the system will be placed under a vacuum in order to assist refill. Obviously, a can can not do all of this.

Reactions: Boroboy and Walone

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
Just noticed it's r1234 as well so not everywhere does this

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
As above don't use it you loose it. Seals dry refrigerant gas leaks out. Mine is never off, uses more fuel putting the window down.

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
As above don't use it you loose it. Seals dry refrigerant gas leaks out. Mine is never off, uses more fuel putting the window down.

I never turn mine off so I'm a little worried as to the failure of mine. Carista is showing fault code 262914 refrigerant pressure low. I'll give IMG Warrington a ring tomorrow and ask them to take a look.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
My 280 is nearly 5 year old, and still has perfect cool air as new, it has been used all year round on every drive. It has never had any maintainence so far, and the dealer checked the temp at yearly service, and it was always in the correct tolerance zone.

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
It’s had a good run today and it’s no different so will give lookers a bell tomorrow see if I can get it done under warranty only had it 5 months

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Why would a closed system need re-gassing? If it is losing gas then you have a leak, no different to needing to top up the coolant.

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
Taking mine into IMG Warrington on Friday for diagnostics. If it's a simple refill it's only £29 and the only thing not covered by warranty is stone damage, which I can't see any evidence of. I'll update once I've had the work done.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise