Boroboy

Apr 28, 2019
Just though I'd say hello.
I've just put a deposit down on an 2016 Leon 1.2t se dsg (Tec pack). 15k on the clock with FSH. Picking it up tomorrow from a seat dealer. It's my first ever Seat, been with vaux for over 30 years. Decided to take the plunge, due to poor build quality with modern vaux's over the last 5 years.
I hope I have better luck with the Leon.

Reactions: lil3520

Boroboy

Apr 28, 2019
welcome,
I have had datsuns / nissans for years, bought a Leon mk 1 in 2005. on my third Seat now !!!!!!!
Andy
Cheers,
My first ever car was a Datsun 100a....lol.
Showing my age. Also previously owned a 280z, Nissan 1.8 Bluebird. Mainly vaux's over the years though. Worked on them all too.
Just looking for something reliable, I don't have to work on much now. I prefer autos too, so will be my first drive Tomo with the 7 speed dsg, hope it's smooth. I had a torque converter type within my last Astra K 1.6d (136), was very smooth. Although had issues with the timing chain/tensioner. Happy to go back to belts now.
I'm also downgrading my alloys on the Leon to 16's from 17's for comfort. My first drive of one tomorrow, hoping it's not going to be too firm of a ride on 16s, reason for the downgrade.
Astra K's seem to be on the firmer side too. What customers want now. I'm happier with a bit softer set up, within potholed Britian now.

Last edited:

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Welcome, I also worked on the old Vauxhalls, literally 'old' - Viva's (HA/HB/HC), Victors and the like. Those were the days to keep spare points and condenser plus other bits in the boot in case it broke down! Now before any one asks what were points and condenser...Google it :help:

Reactions: Boroboy

Boroboy

Apr 28, 2019
Welcome, I also worked on the old Vauxhalls, literally 'old' - Viva's (HA/HB/HC), Victors and the like. Those were the days to keep spare points and condenser plus other bits in the boot in case it broke down! Now before any one asks what were points and condenser...Google it :help:
Thanks for the kind welcome.
My first ever Vaux was a 2.3 Magnum.....:)Those were the days. As you know the 2.3 engine was also used in the Victor too. Was 32 years ago when I owned that one.....:whistle:Going back then, I also drove dumper trucks, they had a cranking handle....:rolleyes:
I've found it hard to leave the fold, but the recent build quality of my Astra K was very poor, even though it's stuffed with tec, my second too. So fingers crossed I'll be buying my first ever Seat leon tomorrow, after taking a test drive. Looking forward to driving a dsg, give my poor old foot a rest.

Last edited:

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Ah essentially a viva with 2.3 OHC engine. The Victor VX4/90 2.3 (twin carb) went like stink for its time...but we digress. I didn't tell my daughters (or wife) what I had ordered so its my first SEAT. All said I should have gone for an 'automatic' but happy I have the manual.

Boroboy

Apr 28, 2019
Ah essentially a viva with 2.3 OHC engine. The Victor VX4/90 2.3 (twin carb) went like stink for its time...but we digress. I didn't tell my daughters (or wife) what I had ordered so its my first SEAT. All said I should have gone for an 'automatic' but happy I have the manual.
Those stromberg carbs took some balancing up on the Magnum mind. I was 18 when I owned that, those were the days.
So what do you have now then? looks like we are two newbies...lol.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Like chalk and cheese really...out of a 66 plate Nissan 1.2 DIG-S Tekna and into a Leon FR 1.5 TSI 130. Do I miss keyless? yes to small extent but who'd want to clone and pinch a Nissan Note. I do miss the 360 degree camera system the Note had but on the plus side I can now read the sat nav map on a much bigger infotainment system, that 3 inches or so makes all the difference :cheeky:

Boroboy

Apr 28, 2019
Like chalk and cheese really...out of a 66 plate Nissan 1.2 DIG-S Tekna and into a Leon FR 1.5 TSI 130. Do I miss keyless? yes to small extent but who'd want to clone and pinch a Nissan Note. I do miss the 360 degree camera system the Note had but on the plus side I can now read the sat nav map on a much bigger infotainment system, that 3 inches or so makes all the difference :cheeky:
Well as promised I've took the plunge. Liked the Leon, seemed put together well. Dsg very smooth.
Just trying to work out how to upload a pick, as sat in the dealers....lol

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
There's a 25 post limit before uploading pics apparently as I found out but I also found the "What colour is your car?" thread in 'SEAT brand discussion' (and random others) allowed me to post pics before the limit when it offered me the 'Upload File' button! There is a method of adding links to pics stored online (which I don't do) so not sure if you can do this from the off - perhaps someone can confirm?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You can use eg Imgur to host images and then I just click the "BB code" link which can be pasted straight into your post.

Apr 28, 2019
Just though I'd say hello.
I've just put a deposit down on an 2016 Leon 1.2t se dsg (Tec pack). 15k on the clock with FSH. Picking it up tomorrow from a seat dealer. It's my first ever Seat, been with vaux for over 30 years. Decided to take the plunge, due to poor build quality with modern vaux's over the last 5 years.
I hope I have better luck with the Leon.
Hi
Cannot go wrong with a seat
Have a leon cupra 290 DSG, dream to drive with loads of extras you would not get with other makes. Also have a 170dsg Leon FR which has served me well for the last 7 years too so I'm sure you will enjoy yours.
#UTB
Fellow smoggy

Boroboy

Apr 28, 2019
Hi
Cannot go wrong with a seat
Have a leon cupra 290 DSG, dream to drive with loads of extras you would not get with other makes. Also have a 170dsg Leon FR which has served me well for the last 7 years too so I'm sure you will enjoy yours.
#UTB
Fellow smoggy
I'm starting to enjoy it, seems put together very well. I can see how a 290bhp cupra would be very appealing with a dsg, although I'm happy with my current choice. Maybe in a couple of years time I may jump up to the 1.4tsi version, that would be probably as strong as a performance if really want. Too many speed restrictions around now.
I'm trying to downgrade performance now...:happy:
I now live in Guisbrough now, but still get to a few matches every season. Went to the Hull at home match. Outside chance of finishing within the playoffs now. You from the Boro too?
#UTB

Last edited:

Boroboy

Apr 28, 2019
There's a 25 post limit before uploading pics apparently as I found out but I also found the "What colour is your car?" thread in 'SEAT brand discussion' (and random others) allowed me to post pics before the limit when it offered me the 'Upload File' button! There is a method of adding links to pics stored online (which I don't do) so not sure if you can do this from the off - perhaps someone can confirm?
Cheers, I may wait until I get the upload file button. I'm sure everyone has seen a red se 1.2 before. I like the clocks, angled wing mirrors are a nice touch, the dsg is sweet.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.