The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
The electronic hand brake in the Cupra. It is meant to auto engage when you switch the car off and put it in Park?

Mine doesn’t and have it manual enable it after switching car off.

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
The electronic hand brake in the Cupra. It is meant to auto engage when you switch the car off and put it in Park?

You have to enable this somewhere in the settings I think. Mine puts on the hand brake automatically.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigup

bgb

Jan 22, 2019

In my GTD you had to firstly enable it via the (A) button behind the pull up flap. Unsure if it’s same? The little LED should be constantly lit?

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
That worked a treat. Thanks mate

No problem, i couldn't confirm as mine's currently on the road to me today!

Also if it is the same system in all VAG cars, if there's a green handbrake symbol shown on dash, means its basically active in 'hill hold' or temporary as still in 'D' drive. If its red, means handbrake is on perm, either gear shift in 'P' or you've opened a door etc.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Does anybody else's infotainment keep crashing and restarting itself? I use Android Auto and I think every day this week it has crashed and restarted itself at some point. Particularly annoying when you're using it for navigation and you don't know where you are.

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Does anybody else's infotainment keep crashing and restarting itself? I use Android Auto and I think every day this week it has crashed and restarted itself at some point. Particularly annoying when you're using it for navigation and you don't know where you are.
Yep, same here. And it does this with every phone I've tried... In some versions of Android Auto it doesn't happen quite as often, but it's never completely gone. I hope it can be resolved with an infotainment update.

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
Happened to me once this week. Using an Samsung s10+ via USB for android auto

Had waze running on infotainment screen and YouTube on phone.

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Happened to me once this week. Using an Samsung s10+ via USB for android auto

Had waze running on infotainment screen and YouTube on phone.
It's not related to the specific phone though, it happens with my Galaxy S10, my OnePlus 5, and my Nexus 6P... It's also not related to whatever you have running on your phone in the background.
It's only bearable because Android Auto automatically restarts after some time and resumes navigation.

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
I have also used an S9+ and now an S10+ and I had only one crash over the past 3 months that I got the car. The thing is that when I set the phone to auto steam music via BT when connected, the infotainment gives me an error message trying to read the music in the SD card. Looks like a bug of some sort.

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
I have also used an S9+ and now an S10+ and I had only one crash over the past 3 months that I got the car. The thing is that when I set the phone to auto steam music via BT when connected, the infotainment gives me an error message trying to read the music in the SD card. Looks like a bug of some sort.
But are you using Android Auto? The infotainment error is probably because you haven't given it permission to access your storage on your phone.

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
Yeah I'm using AA which is not offered officially here in Greece but you can get the .apk and make it work. Actually I never use the built in maps since I can have Google maps. Permission is given and everything works fine. The thing is that if I start streaming audio via BT (or AA) I can't switch to audio from the SD. I get an error message that the SD card can not be read.

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Yeah I'm using AA which is not offered officially here in Greece but you can get the .apk and make it work. Actually I never use the built in maps since I can have Google maps.
Interesting, which version are you using? I remember I had some versions that didn't crash very often, but only once is better than I've experienced.

Permission is given and everything works fine. The thing is that if I start streaming audio via BT (or AA) I can't switch to audio from the SD. I get an error message that the SD card can not be read.
Ah, I thought you meant the SD card in your phone.

KKaybe

Apr 15, 2019
I'm using a Google Pixel 3 and not had any issues thus far. I only had one instance where the infotainment got stuck on the Cupra logo and after 10 minutes of the car being off it reset and worked fine.

May 3, 2019
Had my magnetic grey 290 Lux for about a fortnight now and very pleased so far. Only quibbles have been due to my naivety in assuming car play was wireless and that wireless charging worked on all phones!

Like others have said baffled as to having to reselect "individual" each time to get the eco mode working.

Spotify seems temperamental on Car Play, sometimes not offering the full menu, your library etc?

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
Another annoyance...
Temps not displaying until it gets to working temperature. Why the heck would anyone code it like that?? You can see it displays the coolant temp as 90 on dash.
The fact that I can’t have oil temp displayed on the dashboard also frustrates me. Am I supposed to look on the center screen while going crazy fast to check on my oil temp to satisfy my ocd? But of course I can have fuel economy, radio stations and other completely useless data displayed.

Attachments

• 883B341C-D22A-4A21-BB56-B5FD4ABD9B0C.jpeg
    883B341C-D22A-4A21-BB56-B5FD4ABD9B0C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 156
  • 5A895849-1026-4A3A-9E96-E805C8E33A0F.jpeg
    5A895849-1026-4A3A-9E96-E805C8E33A0F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 163

Cupra_2019

Jan 25, 2019
Screenshot_2019-05-05-10-49-05-182_com.android.chrome.png
Has anyone put over lays on the Cupra lettering on the rear yet? More specifically a mystery blue car?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-05-10-49-05-182_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-05-10-49-05-182_com.android.chrome.png
    884.8 KB · Views: 104

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Another annoyance...
Temps not displaying until it gets to working temperature. Why the heck would anyone code it like that?? You can see it displays the coolant temp as 90 on dash.
The fact that I can’t have oil temp displayed on the dashboard also frustrates me. Am I supposed to look on the center screen while going crazy fast to check on my oil temp to satisfy my ocd? But of course I can have fuel economy, radio stations and other completely useless data displayed.
Sometimes the central display temp doesn't update, switch screens back and forth and it may suddenly appear.

The oil temp sensor won't show a reading before 50C, this may be caused by the specific temperature sensor not being able to give an accurate reading below that temperature.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk