Tyre Pressure for 18" FR SC

andyrich

Ateca 1.5 FR Sport 150
Mar 10, 2015
Seat have phoned me and said as my car was built with 18" wheels the info on the stick is correct which is as follows:
Front 29 Rear 26
or
Front 35 Rear 38
just checked what my pressures are on a car which is now 1 week old and i have 29 all round which should have been checked by the stealers. this is on an FR 1.4 ACT

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Just checked mine.

SC FR 2.0TDi 184

Build codes on the boot sticker say it was built with the 18" wheels
C0T = Alloy wheels 7.5J x 18
HM4 = Tires 225/40 R18 92Y xl

Sticker in fuel filler shows :
F33 R31
F41 R41
spacesaver 61

Flaw3d Genius

Jan 8, 2015
Glasgow
Seat have phoned me and said as my car was built with 18" wheels the info on the stick is correct which is as follows:
Front 29 Rear 26
or
Front 35 Rear 38
just checked what my pressures are on a car which is now 1 week old and i have 29 all round which should have been checked by the stealers. this is on an FR 1.4 ACT

Cheers mate seems im causing trouble for no reason :whistle: :banned::D

Some amount difference on the back tyres 26-38, My car is 2 weeks old now will check later today to see what they are set at.

whodareswins

Aug 18, 2017
I am confused now too! My newly purchased 66 plate Leon Fr184 has 41 front and 39 rear stated on sticker on inside fuel cap. I questioned this being correct when every two weeks my pressure light was coming on (was high pressure causing air loss?). Since reduced it a bit and light stopped coming on, not as low as 29 though. Searched on the websites others have and yes, there they state 29 front and rear?! That's a huge drop from 41/39!! Still very confused!!

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I am confused now too! My newly purchased 66 plate Leon Fr184 has 41 front and 39 rear stated on sticker on inside fuel cap. I questioned this being correct when every two weeks my pressure light was coming on (was high pressure causing air loss?). Since reduced it a bit and light stopped coming on, not as low as 29 though. Searched on the websites others have and yes, there they state 29 front and rear?! That's a huge drop from 41/39!! Still very confused!!

The 29 is for the 1.4 engine I think

whodareswins

Aug 18, 2017
Nope, two websites gave option to pick the 2013 model onwards diesel 2.0l 184FR and both stated 29 front and rear...clearly cannot be right?

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the chalk/tape trick yet :blink:

Every tire is different and has a different "sweetspot" depending on what axle is mounted, wheel width, load, etc.
Unless we're specifically talking about original tires, taking the pressure dictated in the fuel cap as the absolute truth it's kind of pointless.

For whoever doesn't know the chalk/tape procedure, it's basically inflating the tire to the pressure recommended by the manufacturer in cold. Painting a line with chalk or running a piece of masking tape across the thread and rolling the car a few feet.

Check the wear on the line and if it's more on the outside, pump a couple more psi, if it's on the inside, the deflate a bit.
repeat until you have even wear across the thread in the front and back.

Pressure will be different in the front and back. Once you have the correct pressure, you can adjust for personal preference if needed.

I usually add 3 pounds front and back for track duty, and 4 front/7 back for autocross to make the car rotate a bit more easily :whistle:

Rif

Jan 22, 2019
I'm bringing back an old thread here but I'm in a similar situation to flaw3d genius with my 1.4 tsi FR 5 door hatch although reversed scenario (my car came equipped with 17s but I have fitted the optional 18s).

I wanted to clarify because I'm a little confused. From the tyre label information in the fuel posted by members:

1.8 TSI on 18s:
F 32 R 29

1.4 TSI on 17s (my tyre label):
F 36 R 33
F 32 R 29 ("comfort")
F 36 R 38 (fully loaded)

1.4 TSI on 18s (flaw3d genius tyre label):
F 29 R 26
F 35 R 38 (fully loaded)

Based on this I should be running 29/26 in my 18s right but this seems a little low for 18" tyres?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.