Creaking windows

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
Hi guys.

Just wondering is anyone has had this on their cars.

I've had my mk3 cupra 300 for about 18months. In the last week or so I've found that there is lots of creaking coming from all of the door windows.
It is as though they are too tight in the seals and creak as the chassis moves, even worse going over kerbs speedbumps etc.

I can't seem to work out why this has just started happening. Thought it may have bee. The heat but I had the cat last summer and no issues then.

Only think I've had done was have 2 new tyres on the front.

Just wondering if anyone had come across this or can recommend and solutions, as it starting to get on my nerves.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
To try and Isolate the issue sit in car in silence and try pushing against window or door, top of frame etc to see where creaking is coming from.
Lower the windows partially or fully to check as well.

[If you silicone the door rubbers or door jamb it is instant cure but then gets WORSE. As does polishing the car and near the door jambs when you wash and dry off car it gets on the rubbers and painted door jambs.]

Ideally totally clean rubbers and door jamb almost until they are very slightly tacky and the rubbers grip door jamb and moves rather than slips and squeaks.
Otherwise.
Clean the rubbers and door jamb. Lightly dust with french chalk or talcum powder.
It could get messy so protect interior from overspill or dust blowing in.
Slam door it will spread powder then try over an undulating road [most of the UK] to check result.
If it is the glass silicone the channels.

The dusting always totally cured mine. The re dusted from time to time.

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
To try and Isolate the issue sit in car in silence and try pushing against window or door, top of frame etc to see where creaking is coming from.
Lower the windows partially or fully to check as well.

[If you silicone the door rubbers or door jamb it is instant cure but then gets WORSE. As does polishing the car and near the door jambs when you wash and dry off car it gets on the rubbers and painted door jambs.]

Ideally totally clean rubbers and door jamb almost until they are very slightly tacky and the rubbers grip door jamb and moves rather than slips and squeaks.
Otherwise.
Clean the rubbers and door jamb. Lightly dust with french chalk or talcum powder.
It could get messy so protect interior from overspill or dust blowing in.
Slam door it will spread powder then try over an undulating road [most of the UK] to check result.
If it is the glass silicone the channels.

The dusting always totally cured mine. The re dusted from time to time.
Wow. Thanks for the advice.
I will give it a go over the weekend.

I have done that pushing the windows. They definitely creak when punching even when stationary. Seems to come from all around.
Weird how it's only started all of a sudden.

I'll definitely give your solution a try.

Thanks.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

andye1

Oct 15, 2005
I had this on mine. It was the doors creaking not the windows. Worse on the rear. I wrapped a layer of cloth wiring loom tape around the door latch loops where the catch strikes. Instantly cured it.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
I would definitely try cleaning all the door seals and door shuts with a clean cloth and warm water first, no soap or anything. If you try using a lubricant it can definitely make it worse in the long run.

My previous Golf GTI was terrible for it so I just cleaned the seals every time I cleaned the car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members