Unwanted gear changes

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
Was having a spirited drive today car in cupra and gearbox in manual. I noticed that when taking off from a standstill and going into second sometimes it goes straight to third as if I double clicked. It happened a couple of times I normally drive the car in individual mode with engine set to cupra and never noticed this problem.

Didn't have any wheel hop today tires were warm and roads dry maybe I'm just getting better at modulating the throttle. The traction control light was still flashing plenty though. :p

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Won’t the car upshift automatically even if I’m manual mode?

Could be possible that just as the car decides it’s too late and “needs” to change up, you’ve pulled the paddle and jumped two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Walone

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
That could be possible as the system is a bit dumb witted when it comes to the first gear change 1st to 2nd. For instance if you try to change from 1st to 2nd before 3000rpm it ignores you. I'll have a other play tomorrow.

Ozzy 95

Apr 20, 2019
Anyone got any cheaper alternatives to the racingline paddles I like the design on them?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Anyone got any cheaper alternatives to the racingline paddles I like the design on them?

Racingline ones don't fit the Cupra, unless they have designed some specifically for them now, they are different to the Golf R/ Audi S3 ones.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise