Hill Hold

Bellis

Mar 21, 2015
Hello,
I have a Seat Leon 184 FR. 2018.

My auto hold assist seems to hold for too long and I am unable to move off slowly sometimes. I believe that this could be when the car is in sport mode? It seems to move off fine when in normal mode.

In sport it will sometimes keep holding, and then suddenly jump the car forward. But after testing in normal, it seems normal...but it’s been very temperamental

Is this how it’s meant to be? Or a fault?

Last edited:

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I've only noticed any problem when the electronic handbrake is engaged - so the P indicator on the display is red, I've never noticed the green P hold me back.

My 2018 150 FR stays in sport mode all the time, as i can't stand the throttle lag in eco or normal, but the only time the brake releases slowly is intermittently from handbrake mode. The rear of the car dips as i go to pull away, then the servos release and the car rolls forward.

When it goes in next year for its first service I'm going to ask for it to be checked, as it shouldn't do this and I'm worried that one day the brake just won't release at all.

Bellis

Mar 21, 2015
I've only noticed any problem when the electronic handbrake is engaged - so the P indicator on the display is red, I've never noticed the green P hold me back.

My 2018 150 FR stays in sport mode all the time, as i can't stand the throttle lag in eco or normal, but the only time the brake releases slowly is intermittently from handbrake mode. The rear of the car dips as i go to pull away, then the servos release and the car rolls forward.

When it goes in next year for its first service I'm going to ask for it to be checked, as it shouldn't do this and I'm worried that one day the brake just won't release at all.
Thanks for the response :) I do notice the same thing with the handbrake, sometimes the back of the car dips before releasing. However, it does seem to be the auto hold, (green p) that causes more problems.

Sometimes the back of the car will dip, I can hear the brakes grinding as the car wants to move. I then have to re push the clutch and try to move again, then it works

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
Does anyone else find the auto handbrake annoying when you put the car in reverse surely it should turn off. I always find the car trying to take off backwards then I realise I have the auto handbrake on.

Bellis

Mar 21, 2015
It's the auto parking brake. It doesn't do it when you turn the auto parking brake off.
No, I’m not on about the handbrake. I move off, stop at a junction, green P appears. And the car sometimes just will not more. Today it completely broke, and I am just unable to move if the auto hold is applied. Videoed it and booked in for a fix

Bellis

Mar 21, 2015
I’ve got a video of what happened today. I can assure you the handbrake is NOT applied. This is fully the auto hold. You can see the car dipping down as it tries to move. It’s impossible to move the car with the system turned on... if anyone has had this before?

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I'd guess it's simply that a sensor has failed. Does the parking brake still release automatically? Will it release if you just lift the clutch without any throttle? The auto hold is, I think, more complex than the parking brake but they are linked.

Bellis

Mar 21, 2015
I'd guess it's simply that a sensor has failed. Does the parking brake still release automatically? Will it release if you just lift the clutch without any throttle? The auto hold is, I think, more complex than the parking brake but they are linked.
Yes the handbrake will sometimes release, but it does require some power. It’s not the smoothest