Steering weight adjust with vagcom

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
anyone know why i cant change the steering wheel assist with proper vagcom cable?
44 (steering assist)
Security access
Adaption
New value and after access code need massage
Any idea?

Deleted member 103408

Only have OBD11 But on my pre facelift I don't have an adaption for steering assist within control unit 44.
In fact on my car you have an option under control unit 03 (brakes) to change countersteering assisted

Are you getting any error messages (I presume the security code is correct)

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Only have OBD11 But on my pre facelift I don't have an adaption for steering assist within control unit 44.
In fact on my car you have an option under control unit 03 (brakes) to change countersteering assisted

Are you getting any error messages (I presume the security code is correct)
Just security code need however accepted before.
Cable genuine i had no issue before.

Deleted member 103408

OK In that case cant help, hopefully another vagcom user will be able to answer.

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
Which security code were you using before? 19249 should work, then access the adaptation. I've got a MK2 so can't test this myself

Deleted member 103408

I can confirm on the pre facelift 19249 is a good code.

Deleted member 103408

have you made any changes to this car before, if so just try and reverse them to double check the cable works fine.

If you have not made any other changes then just make a simple (like needle sweep if you dont have it) to see if it works.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
have you made any changes to this car before, if so just try and reverse them to double check the cable works fine.

If you have not made any other changes then just make a simple (like needle sweep if you dont have it) to see if it works.
Yes i used before without problem.
Turned off start/stop
Reset distance radar and more.
Anyway i use the car in drive mode where i can adjust things and looks like not going back to normal mode after restart the engine.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise