Mot

lukepollendine

Nov 14, 2015
Not much of a clue about MOTs is most of this just welding that needs doing obviously not the pad or hoses cheers :)
9596cdc4e7277b80c7a114f7e22126d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
Not much of a clue about MOTs is most of this just welding that needs doing obviously not the pad or hoses cheers :)
9596cdc4e7277b80c7a114f7e22126d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Of the things it's actually been failed on rusty sills on almost any older vehicle are not uncommon and usually not too difficult, technically, to sort. Chassis rail in subframe mounting area might be more problematic depending on whether the subframe needs to be dropped to gain access. The mechanical problems should also be pretty simple to sort. Bare in mind though that rust is often like icebergs - You often can only see less than half the problem. When you start trying to find good metal to weld too what started out as a wee rusty hole turns into a humongous crater! You need to get a written quote. Doing this will concentrate the mind of the person concerned as a written quote is, I'm pretty sure, binding (within limits) whereas a verbal quote or "estimate" is not.

Now I'm not saying however that this will be cheap if you are paying someone else to do it, just that it's all common "stuff" I've seen often before. I'm a little concerned by the advisories in that you may spend a goodly wad of cash this year only for those front chassis rails and inner wings to come back and "bite" you next year - and by then there could be more rusty pipes etc rushing to join the party. How old is the vehicle and what general condition is it in? Maybe it's trying to tell you something?

Lastly. I think you would be wise to avoid the establishment that fitted your front pads. Apologies if it was your good self? but fitting pads (especially front pads) is one of the simpler tasks on most cars so if that was done wrongly just imagine what other havoc could be wrought?

Good luck. Hope it all pans out well for you.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise