The “where the bleeding hell is my Cupra ST I ordered months ago” thread

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
It's worth the waiting guys! I ordered my ST in early March 2018, took delivery mid December ...ended up with MY19 "copra" Magnetic grey with pano roof & the heated buckets seats from the old spec.
Absolutely love the car Only negative in 7.5k miles thus far is it's too quiet & you cannot to the old res delete mod to increase noise due to new GPF arrangement in the exhaust system. That said I've debadged my car & it's pretty stealthy which I like.
Would agree that it's worth the wait but appreciate it's frustrating. I ordered mine in Apr 18 and it was delivered early Dec (Urban Silver ST with Pano roof, reversing camera and Beats Audio). Must have got one of the last non-Copra's with red flags/calipers.

Forestfire

May 7, 2019
Not a Cupra, but order Jan 25th 2019, BW14 and collected yesterday...

Leon ST Xcellence 1.5 tsi dsg in desire red.

Assistant pack 1
Apt Cruise
Digital display
Beats
Safety pack
Full link
Partition net

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
Just got off the phone to SEAT again and still no confirmation. She did confirm the process is usually 16 weeks from accepting the order which stands me at W23 (03/06). However on there system it is showing as unconfirmed and W39 which is the end of September. Once again they said to phone back in a week for an update. The wait continues........

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
god you have the patience of a saint !!! - I would have told them to stick it by now using some interesting words.

Problem is to buy outright is move expensive then the lease deal I got. Also there are not many second hand ones about. Stuck really.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I also rang Seat again today and was also told there’s is currently a 16week lead time.
But the Lady didn’t relate it very well to my order (made 23rd Feb) and I came away confused.
Again I was told to ring back next week.
No build week yet for my order, but she said it had been accepted by the factory...

Monday I will ring the dealer (Seat Ashford) and also Drivethedeal (broker) and ask about getting my deposit back and cancelling the order.
I’ve had enough of Seat all together and I’m just going to buy myself a nearly new Audi S3.
Going to cost me more, but at least I will actually get a car, one that doesn’t require further modding to get it to look sporty (eg side skirts/splitters you don’t get on a Seat Cupra ST), the interior wont look like a 1990’s Nissan, and no sign of any 1980’s looking Copper ‘S’ badges anywhere!!

Got a feeling they have got me by the balls though. I put a £1000 deposit down with Seat and drivethedeal will probably want some money off me if I pull out.
We shall see.

May 11, 2019
I
As suggested in the ‘who’s ordered a Cupra’ thread, a place for those of us with an ST on order to rant.

I ordered an ST Lux with pano roof in January for April delivery. In April I was told my car was due to be delivered first week of July, this has now been moved to end of July.

I’m at the point now I’m checking everyday for something different that may be available sooner.

I ordered my cupra st 1st of April and was told to expect to wait until June early July.

If they put it back to sept October I might be tempted to cancel.

Pyrogena

Apr 14, 2019
Got the call from Seat direct today - car went into production today. They're still estimating a 5 week delivery

Reactions: st300
May 11, 2019
When did you order and what exactly did you order?
I spoke to Seat in Aubrey who I have an order with, they told me that they have a provisional build time mid June and that they are hoping that the date gets locked in. Delivery expected mid -July. According to them they were told Sept -Oct by SEAT and they have managed to have that date brought forward.

May 11, 2019
I spoke to Seat in Aubrey who I have an order with, they told me that they have a provisional build time mid June and that they are hoping that the date gets locked in. Delivery expected mid -July. According to them they were told Sept -Oct by SEAT and they have managed to have that date brought forward.
2nd of April Seat - Leon Cupra ST 300 4 drive in urban silver.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I phoned Seat directly today again for an update before I cancel my order.

Lady was more knowledgeable today and said my order date was 23rd Feb. It was accepted by factory 28thFeb.
Provisional build week is week 23 (unconfirmed).
Status is ‘10’ (not ‘0’ i was told last week)
Ring back in 2 weeks for another update.

Rang Seat Ashford to speak to sales manager to cancel my order, standard procedure for that place he wasn’t available and no one returned my call all day.
I think I’m going to struggle to get my £1k deposit back, but I will fight tooth and nail.

Popped into my Local Seat dealer in Norwich.
They have a Cupra R ST in Blackness Grey allocated to them and already built & incoming expected by end of May !!!
Apparently all the Cupra partners are getting one sent to them and they have all been built already and are shipping over as we speak !!!

st300

Apr 5, 2019
I phoned Seat directly today again for an update before I cancel my order.

Lady was more knowledgeable today and said my order date was 23rd Feb. It was accepted by factory 28thFeb.
Provisional build week is week 23 (unconfirmed).
Status is ‘10’ (not ‘0’ i was told last week)
Ring back in 2 weeks for another update.

Rang Seat Ashford to speak to sales manager to cancel my order, standard procedure for that place he wasn’t available and no one returned my call all day.
I think I’m going to struggle to get my £1k deposit back, but I will fight tooth and nail.

Popped into my Local Seat dealer in Norwich.
They have a Cupra R ST in Blackness Grey allocated to them and already built & incoming expected by end of May !!!
Apparently all the Cupra partners are getting one sent to them and they have all been built already and are shipping over as we speak !!!
What have you ended up doing?

I'm in a similar place, Seat CS and my dealer saying very different things with a 2 month difference on delivery dates.
Given dealer till Monday to get a firm update on progress otherwise I'll be walking away.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
After that post I’ve contacted by the dealer I ordered with (Seat Ashford) and he told me build week 21, to which I said I’ve already spoken to Seat directly and they told me 23.
He then pretended he got me mixed up with another customer and agreed it was still provisional week 23.

At this point I thought F-it and asked for my money back on the deposit £1k.
He said he can’t give it me as Seat will charge him still, and the car will still be built and shipped to him regardless.
My response was that can’t be true as it’s not even a confirmed build yet.
He waffled on about a ‘de-tag’ charge and was taking BS I’m sure.

On Monday I will ring Seat directly again and see if anything has changed re getting a confirmed build week, and ask them about what the dealer told me re the deposit.

In the meantime my local Seat dealer are saying they will physically have a Cupra R ST with them middle of June latest. Sadly it’s £9k more than the Deal I may or may not be getting on the Lux ST.

So basically still up in the air.....

st300

Apr 5, 2019
After that post I’ve contacted by the dealer I ordered with (Seat Ashford) and he told me build week 21, to which I said I’ve already spoken to Seat directly and they told me 23.
He then pretended he got me mixed up with another customer and agreed it was still provisional week 23.

At this point I thought F-it and asked for my money back on the deposit £1k.
He said he can’t give it me as Seat will charge him still, and the car will still be built and shipped to him regardless.
My response was that can’t be true as it’s not even a confirmed build yet.
He waffled on about a ‘de-tag’ charge and was taking BS I’m sure.

On Monday I will ring Seat directly again and see if anything has changed re getting a confirmed build week, and ask them about what the dealer told me re the deposit.

In the meantime my local Seat dealer are saying they will physically have a Cupra R ST with them middle of June latest. Sadly it’s £9k more than the Deal I may or may not be getting on the Lux ST.

So basically still up in the air.....
It's a farce how poor their order management is!
Also can't believe your dealer is being so awkward around your Deposit!
Has your dealer discussed alternatives like putting you in an courtesy vehicle till your car arrives if it is delayed?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
No nothing like that has been discussed.
To be honest you get what you pay for and as I ordered the car through ‘Drivethedeal’ (a discount broker similar to carwow) I get the impression I’m like a 2nd class citizen to the dealer.
That is also why they are so far away from me, you get introduced to the cheapest dealer and they can be anywhere in the Country.
I’m in Norfolk, they are in Kent.
The discount is great however, £29.4k inc Pano roof, driver assistance plus pack & 1yr VED.
It’s basically £7k discount....... but as I’ve found you can’t just pop down there and speak to them therefor communication, especially if they don’t want to... is difficult.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Little update.
Cancelled the Lux ST order today. After another call to Seat UK, car showing unconfirmed build week of 25 still, so basically no progress since making the order in 22nd Feb.

Dealer agreed finally to return my £1k deposit.

I have provisional agreed a deal with my Local Seat/Cupra dealer for the Cupra R ST in Blackness Grey, subject to them confirming final specs, but I chose the Pano roof and ABT tune.
Other specs such as Adaptive Cruise and Driver assistance are unknown at this point.
Eta for that car is Mid-Late June, but it’s actually being built this week.

Reactions: Bucksssss
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise