Cupra 290ez Dyno Results

RCampbell1

Jan 8, 2017
UK
An interesting trip to my local dyno emporium today. My cars totally stock as far as I'm aware, got it with 1200 miles on it from a main dealer so I'm pretty sure it is. It's got a smidge over 3000 on it as we speak. Quite chuffed
Scan.jpeg

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I’ll find out what mine is at one point and I’ll be really surprised if it only makes 280 as advertised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
Wow,almost too good to be true those readings.i thought the gpf might restrict it more than this

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
What is the GPF? That’s a brilliant result, more power than a golf R :clap:

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
What is the GPF? That’s a brilliant result, more power than a golf R :clap:
Gasoline partical filter, Golf of the same year would make the same power, its the same engine, plus every dyno would give a different result, you'd need a standard 280, 290, 300 and 290 gpf, ran on the same dyno to have any idea of what they really make, even then you would only know the difference between the models, not what they really make

Last edited:

RCampbell1

Jan 8, 2017
UK
Hmm valid points indeed, guess I'll have to have it on a different dyno to compare. Good excuse for a road trip in the Cupra as the next nearest one is over 200 miles away

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Agree it well off. A remap boasts about 480nm on stage 1. Yours claims it’s got more torque than an rs3

RCampbell1

Jan 8, 2017
UK
Agree it well off. A remap boasts about 480nm on stage 1. Yours claims it’s got more torque than an rs3

Hard to believe isn't it. Surely I'm not the first person to put one of the GPF Cupra's on a dyno? Maybe they're all pumping out numbers way over stock? I'm going to get it on a different dyno asap

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Hard to believe isn't it. Surely I'm not the first person to put one of the GPF Cupra's on a dyno? Maybe they're all pumping out numbers way over stock? I'm going to get it on a different dyno asap
There is way over stock and daft figures, do you know what gear they ran it in, I've not looked at the 7speed box ratios yet to see which would be best

RCampbell1

Jan 8, 2017
UK
There is way over stock and daft figures, do you know what gear they ran it in, I've not looked at the 7speed box ratios yet to see which would be best

No I've no idea. They are crazy figures for sure but don't burst my bubble!

Someone else needs to get theirs done too

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Are there even any remaps available for these yet?

It’s pretty much same engine as the 280, 290 and 300. Can’t expect much to change. But based on those 3 models, they all roughly top 350hp and around 480nm from a stage one.
I’d be very shocked if it’s those are stock figures having decreased from 300 to 290 for emissions. More power means higher emissions.

RCampbell1

Jan 8, 2017
UK
It’s pretty much same engine as the 280, 290 and 300. Can’t expect much to change. But based on those 3 models, they all roughly top 350hp and around 480nm from a stage one.
I’d be very shocked if it’s those are stock figures having decreased from 300 to 290 for emissions. More power means higher emissions.

I was under the (probably mistaken) impression there weren't many remaps available yet as they had to factor the GPF into the maps. I had a look a wee while back and none of the majors (Revo, APR) seem to have a map available yet but you can get a dtuk box

Janusz

Oct 4, 2018
Is this dyno a good one?
500nm+ is normal for stage 2.
Gpf cars usually make around 300/400 on stock software

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise